[TWENTY]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

I sat up in the bed, scaring myself and Zion. He rubbed his eyes before sitting up next to me. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

I shook my head lightly. 

"You don't just jump out of your sleep like that." He yawned.

"I can't do this, Zion." I whispered.

I slid out of the bed to stand at the end of it. All of my stuff was downstairs. My plan was to grab it and go out to my car, to never look back. My plan is to forget Zion. I moved towards the door but since his legs are longer than mine, he beat me to it.

"I'm sorry, Jay." He said.

"Did you ever think I was tired of hearing that?" I crossed my arms.

He looked down at his feet but never moved from in front of the door. 

"I've played sideline for so long, for bitches that's not even half of me." I got louder.

In my mind, I wanted to punch him. I wanted him to feel the same pain I did every time he flaunted a new girl in my face but kept me within arm's reach. Every time I stopped talking to a guy because he told me to. How often I would try to leave and all he did was whisper sweet nothings and I was right back in his web.

"Was I not enough?" I asked.

He stayed silent, making me mad. I hit him in his chest, making him look up at me. 

"Was I not enough, Zion?" I yelled.

"You were, Jay." He said quietly.

"I couldn't have been, not the way you treated me." I said. 

I could feel my body heating up and I knew I needed to get out of this place before I lit this house on fire.

"Move, Zion. I'm leaving for good. I'm returning all your stuff and I'm gone." I said.

"Don't leave, Jay." He stepped toward me.

I took a step back, watching his hand fall. My stomach started to churn and I knew I was about to throw up. I ran to his en suite bathroom and emptied my stomach into the toilet. This was the third time I had done this in the past week. I didn't want it to be true but I knew what kind of change my body was going through.

"Jay, you good?" He asked.

"No, you make me sick." I managed to say before puking again.

My stomach stopped for a moment and I knew then it was time to go. I wiped my mouth off before standing up. I don't know where Zion was but he wasn't in front of the door anymore so I left out of it. I raced down the stairs and grabbed my stuff before going out to my car. I threw my stuff in the passenger seat before pulling off to my sister's. I wiped the tears that I didn't even know had begun to fall. Before I knew it, I was pulling into Evelyn's driveway.

"TT is here!" I heard a voice come from outside.

Leilani was standing in the door, waving. I put the car in park before getting out to greet her. I hugged her and I wasn't sure if it was for me or her but I squeezed extra tight.

"TT, can't breathe!" She gasped.

"Don't deny my love, Leilani." I laughed.

I let her go as she grabbed my hand to drag me in the house. Evelyn stood on the other side of the door. She smiled at me before noticing the redness of my face and eyes and instantly frowned.

"I will kill him." She said.

I looked over at Leilani before looking back at her.

"Baby, go get Daddy up. Tell him we need to go out for us." She told Leilani.

She nodded before skipping out of the front room.

"What happened?" She asked.

I told her everything that had happened in the past couple hours. I started crying again and she handed me a piece of tissue. I heard footsteps so I wiped my face as quick as I could. A sleepy looking Ronnie walked into the room, holding Leilani. 

"What's up?" He asked.

He looked between us, waiting for one of us to say something. 

"Can you run to the store? We need Amsterdam, ice cream and hot wings." She said.

"I can't drink." I said quietly.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me. 

"I'm not going to be here long, Ronnie. I'm sorry she woke you up." I sighed.

"You not going home. Knowing Zion, he's already sitting outside your house." She said.

I nodded, she was right.

"Go get the hot wings still, those sound real good right now." She told Ronnie.

He nodded.

"Wanna go with me?" He asked Leilani.

She nodded as they walked out of the kitchen together.

"You pregnant, Jay?" E asked.

I shrugged.

"I haven't taken a test." I said.

She walked out of the kitchen then returned shortly after with a box in her hand.

"Only one way to find out." She said as she handed it to me. 

I took it from her, going to the bathroom. It would be just my luck I'm pregnant by a man that broke my heart.