[THE END.]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

3 years later...

"Dylan, clean this mess up in here." I said as I walked through the front room.

He had all his toys spread across the floor and if I stepped on a Lego, I was going to kick his ass. Zion came into the room, holding a wide awake Jade in his arms.

"I just put her to sleep." I whined.

Hazel Jade Anderson

Hazel Jade Anderson

"She don't care." He said as he kissed her cheek.

She giggled as he playfully bit her cheek. Hazel was 6 months old and working my every nerve. She only really liked her daddy, which is payback because me and Dylan are so close. He came running into the kitchen, right into my legs. 

"I cleaned up, Mommy." He smiled up at me.

"Good, you can eat now

"Good, you can eat now." I said.

He sat at the table with my phone in his hands, watching something on the screen. I looked over at Jade, who was chewing on her fists in Zion's arms. I opened my hands for her to which Zion gave her to me. I hooked her on my hip as I fixed Dylan's plate. I set it in front of him as I turned back to the counter. I made Zion's plate before setting in front of him.

"Time to go back to sleep, baby girl." I said.

She blinked at me slowly, letting me know she really was tired. I rubbed her back as she laid against my shoulder. I looked over at Zion and Dylan who were eating and talking about something. I never saw myself here, with two kids by Zion. We still weren't married but we were better than we've ever been. I walked to Hazel's room, putting her down into her crib. I turned to see Zion, leaning against the door frame.

"I just put her back to sleep." I sighed.

He nodded as he walked over to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to him. 

"What? What's up?" I asked.

"You been moving around a lot. You want to relax?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine, Zion. What's up?" I asked.

He swayed me back to the rocking chair that sat in the corner of Hazel's room.

"Zion, what are you doing? I just put her to sleep." I looked over at a sleeping Hazel.

"I know, I'm not about to wake her up." He said.

I stood up, brushing past him to clean up around her room. I turned to throw some diapers under her changing table when I saw Zion on one knee.

"Zion." I said.

"I know I haven't been the best man this whole time. You still gave me a thousand chances and not one but two kids and there isn't enough thank you in the world for that. I love you, Jay." He said.

By that time, I was already crying. I had tried to wipe my face but I was creating more of a mess.

"Will you marry me?" He said as he pulled the box out of his pocket.

I nodded, not trusting my voice. He slid it onto my finger then stood up. I jumped up on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He spun me around a few times before setting me down on my feet.

"I love you." I said as he stepped back from me.

"I love you too." He said before kissing me.

The door was pushed open and my sister, niece, best friend and son came into the room. I threw my hand up, showing off my ring.

"Damn, Z. You killed it with this one." Evelyn said.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist as he stood behind me. I was happy that I had gotten this future, that I wouldn't always be the other girl. Everything in my life was finally going right.