[EIGHT]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

I woke up after smelling breakfast being cooked in my house. I instantly got up and went to investigate. I released a sigh when I saw it was just Laurielle making omelets.

"You look worried." She laughed.

"I didn't know who was cooking." I said. "I thought I might have left something last night."

She shook her head and set a plate in front of me. 

"Need aspirin?" She asked.

I shook my head no and used my fork to cut into the omelet.

"I'm out of here. I have appointments so I'll call you later." She said.

I nodded my head as I continued to eat. She left out as I followed her so that I could lock the door. I walked back to the kitchen to finish my food when a knock hit the door.

"She always leave something." I mumbled.

I pulled it open, seeing Zion there. I stepped to the side, letting him in. I walked back into the kitchen. He followed me and stood on the other side of the island.

"I don't get one?" He joked.

"Laurielle cooked. Not me. Plus, I didn't know you were coming over." I shrugged.

"I heard what you said last night, about the not seeing each other." He said.

"It's cool." I said.

"Clearly it's not if you were upset last night." He said.

"I wasn't upset." I shrugged.

He looked at me as to say 'yeah, right'.

"Zion, I'm tired of being upset over you. It's getting old." I said.

"So, that's why you was smiling in that nigga face." He said.

I rolled my eyes. Never mind the fact that you claim to love me but I don't feel that shit unless you inside me. He wanted to know why I would even think of talking to another man.

"Yeah, that's why. You were busy doing whatever it was you were doing so I decided not to wait for you anymore." I shrugged.

"You fucking him?" He asked.

"No, I just met him." I said.

He nodded but I could see the relief spread across his body. Zion was my first and only. Heaven knows how many females he had slept with. I shook my head as reality set in.

"If that was all you came over for, you can leave. I'm on my way out anyway." I said.

I went to set my plate in the sink to wash later when I felt him behind me.

"Where you going?" He asked.

He moved his fingers down my arm to wrap around my waist and turned me around to face him.

"I don't know yet." I shrugged.

"Why don't you stay here with me? We can make up for lost time." He bit his lip.

My face frowned up as I stepped out from under him.

"No, I'm good. But stay, if you like. Maybe you can bond with Blondie." I said before leaving the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came downstairs dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a maroon baseball tee and Bordeaux 7s. Zion was sitting on the couch, watching TV with Blondie on his lap.

"Okay, Mommy's baby. I have to go." I said.

I picked him up and made kissy faces with him before setting him back down. I turned to walk away when I felt Zion's hands on my hips.

"You really leaving me?" He asked.

"Zion, don't start." I laughed.

"I love you, man. I'm sorry." He pouted.

"I love you too Zion but it's not about to be peaches and cream after not seeing you for a week." I shook my head.

"What I got to do to make this right?" He asked.

This was the most vulnerable I had ever seen Zion and it was all because he was going to lose me. But he meant it. There was sincerity in his eyes, a sincerity that couldn't be faked.

"Anything, Jay. I'll do it." He said.

"Zion." I said.

He fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. 

"Just name it, Jay." He said as he began to unbutton my jeans.

I sighed as he pulled them down to pool around my feet. My underwear followed and I was right back in his trap.