[TWENTY-FOUR]

Zion Jamal Anderson

2 months later

I sat up in my bed as I heard my phone ringing. I was getting a call from Jay, who was now 7 and a half months pregnant.

"What's up?" I said as I answered it.

"You gon be mad at me." She said into the phone.

"No, I'm not. What's up?" I asked.

"Can you bring me some stuff? I'll text you the list." She said.

"Yeah, yeah." I said as I swung my legs over the bed. 

I looked at the clock, seeing it was 1:26 in the morning. 

"Thank you. See you in a little bit." She said before hanging up.

I pulled on some sweats and grabbed my keys. My phone buzzed with a text from Jay. I saw another text but I deleted it. I had to tend to Jaymee and Dylan right now. An hour later, I was pulling into Jaymee's driveway with everything she asked me to grab. She pulled the door open, wearing an oversized t-shirt and Uggs.

"Hey." She said as I walked up the stairs.

"Hey." I lifted the bags.

She stepped to the side, letting me in.

"You can take it to the kitchen. I need to put it up." She said.

I did as she asked, setting the bags in the middle of the island. She started taking stuff out to put up. I helped her by throwing stuff into cabinets that I knew she couldn't reach.

"Thanks Stretch." She chuckled as we stood across from each other.

I yawned before looking at my phone. I was still tired and I had to drive back to my place.

"You good, Jay?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks." She looked around.

"Okay. I'm about to head back to my side of town." I said as I moved towards the door.

"Zion, wait." She said.

I turned to her, leaning against the door frame. 

"Do you think you could stay? Just for tonight?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

"I know it's weird to ask but I really don't want to sleep alone tonight." She sighed.

I stepped off the door with a sigh.

"You can go if you want, I should be okay." She played with her fingers.

I watched her as she stood in front of me. Pregnant as ever. Beautiful as ever. I would be dumb to pass up on the chance to lay next to her tonight.

"I can stay." I smirked.

She smiled at me before nodding. I stuck my hand in attempts to help her up the stairs.

"Thank you. For staying." She said as we made it to her room.

"No problem, anything for y'all." I yawned.

I crawled into bed, getting under the blanket as I felt my eyes closing. 

"Zion." Jaymee said.

I opened one eye, seeing her laying on top of the cover staring at me.

"I was thinking me and Dylan could stay with you for the first couple weeks. Or you could stay here." She whispered.

"That's fine." I yawned again.

She nodded as I closed my eyes. I reached my arm out, pulling her closer to me before putting my head in her lap. I sat up to kiss her stomach before putting it back into her lap and going to sleep.