[TWENTY-ONE]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

4 months later

I rolled out of bed, setting my feet onto the plush carpet. I stretched before rubbing my 5 month stomach and letting out a sigh. I found out that I was indeed pregnant that night at Evelyn's. I went to the doctor the next day to find out I was a month along. Blondie appeared, padding into the room. 

"Hi baby." I said as he sat by my feet.

I returned everything Zion owned in my house to him. I tried to leave Blondie too but he followed me back to my car so I kept him. 

"Hungry?" I asked him.

His ears perked up as he looked around. I stood up and made my way downstairs. Laurielle was standing at the stove over a skillet. Once I told her I was pregnant, she moved into one of my spare rooms. Between her and Evelyn, I was never really alone. 

"Hey baby mama." She smirked at me.

"Hi." I said as I slid into a seat at the table.

She put a plate of eggs, sausage and toast in front of me before grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Anything for my baby boy." She said.

I found out I was having a boy last week. I already picked his name out and I started decorating the nursery yesterday. Ronnie is coming over later to paint it for me. 

"What's the plan today?" She asked.

"I'm going shopping for the crib and the changing table." I said.

"Can't you do that online?" She whined.

I shook my head at her. She's just as bad as Zion would be. My heart ached at the thought of Zion. He doesn't know I'm pregnant, seeing as I how I dropped his stuff off while he was gone. He had tried to contact me but I blocked him and moved to a different place. I really didn't want to see him ever again, me and my son would be fine without him.

"No, girl. I have to go out so I can pick it up." I said.

"You can have them deliver it." She said.

"Laurielle, I'm going to the store and I'll come right back here." I said.

"I'm going with you then." She said.

She left out the kitchen to change her clothes, I'm guessing. I looked down at Blondie, who was eating.

"Your auntie is crazy." I said as I finished my food. 

I put the plate in the sink before walking upstairs to get ready for my day. I showered last night so I walked right into my closet to get dressed. I pulled a black tank dress off a hanger and a pair of black sandals. I pulled my hair into a low ponytail and grabbed my cross body bag. 

"You ready?" Lo asked me as she stepped in the room.

I nodded as I grabbed my sunglasses. I waddled after her to her car. I opened the door to see Evelyn and Leilani sitting in her truck. Lo helped me into the back with Leilani before getting into the passenger seat.

"Hi, TT. Hi, baby." She said as she kissed my stomach.

Leilani is the only person allowed to touch me. Everybody else pissed me off. 

"Hey preggo." E said as she pulled off.

"Hi, big sister." I said.

"Where we headed?" She asked.

"I have to go to Babies R Us to pick up some furniture." I said as I relaxed into the seat.

Baby boy had been kicking me all night and I wasn't feeling it. I was tired of being pregnant as it was but he had been making it harder these past couple hours. Evelyn pulled into the parking lot 20 minutes later, parking the car. Laurielle helped me out the back before we walked through the door.

"This one is nice." Evelyn said, pointing to a blue crib.

I shook my head, I didn't like it like that. I saw a dark brown one online and that's the one I want with the matching changing table that I wanted. I looked around for an associate when I saw Zion walk past. He wasn't paying attention to anyone but the guy he was having a conversation with.

"We need to hurry up and get out of here." I mumbled to myself.

The associate came over, grabbed the tag for the crib and the changing table and took it to the register so that I could pay for it. I did so, swiping my card and getting my receipt. Another associate came to the front with the two items on a cart.

"That's the one she wants, man." A guy said.

I looked up, seeing it was the guy Zion was talking to. They walked up to me, making me curse internally.

"Jay?" He asked.

I followed his eyes from my face to my stomach back to my face. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, as if they could hide it. 

"Let's go." I said before turning to walk out the store.

I heard his footsteps behind me and if I could've, I would've ran. His hand wrapped lightly around my arm, making me spin around.

"Talk to me, Jay. Please." He said.

"I don't have anything to say, Zion." I said, irritated.

"You moved from a new place so I can't stop by. You changed your number so I can't call you. You clearly going through a pregnancy. I know you not that type of girl so I know who's baby it is." He said.

I shook my head, feeling it start to ache. I rubbed my temple lightly then my stomach as the baby started kicking. 

"Okay, Zion. I will talk to you, just not right now." I said.

"That's fine. Can you call me or something?" He asked.

I nodded, wanting him to let me go home. I need to get out of this place and lay down. He let my arm go then took a step back. Evelyn, Laurielle and Leilani all took that as a sign to get me into the car and head home. I pulled my seat belt on, watching as Zion watched the car. 

"You okay, TT?" Leilani asked as we pulled off. 

I weakly smiled at her before nodding. I was going to be, at least. I hoped.