[TWENTY-SIX]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

A month and a half later...

Zion walked into the room with an awake but quiet Dylan in his arms. His phone was sitting between his ear and his shoulder as he rocked Dylan back and forth gently.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll get up with you later." He said before hanging up.

He set his phone down on the table before falling next to me on the couch. Dylan's eyes looked between us as he lightly smiled. This baby was full of personality in his six weeks of living. He had picked up a lot of Zion's traits but I wouldn't have him any other way. And Zion was being an amazing father. I was worried about him, as this was his first time actually living with a baby but he was doing really well.

"You ready to go?" He asked me.

We were taking Dylan for his 6 week checkup today and mine to make sure everything was intact with the both of us. I nodded as I stood up. I had been in the gym whenever I could and I was almost back to pre-pregnancy body. 

"Do I look okay?" I asked Zion.

His eyes trailed over my entire body, making me cock my hip out. He licked his lips as he focused on my face.

"You look better than okay." He said.

"Thank you. Let's go." I laughed.

I set Dylan in his car seat as Zion packed his bag. Zion hooked Dylan's car seat on his arm before handing me the bag. We headed out the door, getting into his truck before pulling towards the hospital.

"What is your checkup for?" He asked me.

"Making sure everything healed properly down there. Seeing if I can have sex again." I shrugged.

"If you can?" He asked.

"If I can what?" I retorted.

"If you can have sex. Are you going to?" He asked.

I looked at him through the rear view mirror, knowing what he was hinting at. He laughed lightly as he continued to drive.

"I hadn't thought about it." I said.

I looked out the window as we pulled into the lot. I got out, grabbing his bag while Zion grabbed his seat. We walked in, getting on the elevator. Another woman got on and her eyes found Zion quickly. I thought it might have been a look of fear until she bit her lip. I cleared my throat, making her look over at me. I raised an eyebrow, making her cast her eyes down. She got off on the next floor, leaving us again.

"Jealous?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"I heard you clear your throat then I saw her head go down." He said.

The doors opened for our floor. I walked to the receptionist then walked to sit next to Dylan and Zion. 

"I don't know why you wear these tight ass pants, man." He mumbled.

I looked at my jeans then looked back at him. I felt eyes burning into the side of my face. I looked over, seeing a dude staring at me. When he noticed I saw him, he winked. I reeled back before turning to Zion.

"Jealous?" I asked sarcastically.

"I don't want nobody looking at my baby moms like that." He sniffed.

I shook my head, taking Dylan from him. I kissed his cheek before setting him in my arms.

"I'm the only one supposed to be staring at you. Me and Cash." He said.