[SEVEN]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

I haven't seen Zion for a week and a half. No surprise visits, no phone calls and not a single text message from him. I picked up my phone, only seeing the time and my background of Blondie. My sister's name popped up as a call came through.

"Hello?" I said as I put it to my ear.

"Come open your door." She said.

I did as she asked, hanging up when I got to the door. I opened it, seeing just her.

"Where is my child?" I asked.

"Girl, with her father's family." She waved me off.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing's up." She shrugged.

"Your voice on the phone says otherwise." I crossed my arms.

She sighed before showing me her hand.

"He proposed to you?" My eyes widened.

She nodded.

"You don't look happy." I said.

"I am. I just don't know if he's ready." She sighed.

"Well, clearly, he is." I motioned to her hand.

She sat on my couch, shaking her head.

"Just have a long engagement until he proves he's really ready to be a committed man." I sat next to her.

She looked over at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked.

"When did you get so smart?" She laughed.

"I do a lot of thinking when I'm alone." I shrugged.

"You got this damn dog. You not alone." She said.

I shrugged as Blondie hopped into my lap.

"Where's Zion?" She asked.

"Million dollar question." I huffed. "Haven't seen him in a week and a half."

"Damn. No calls?" She asked.

"Nope. No texts either. I'm tired of this." I sighed.

"Well, I think you deserve better, J." She shrugged.

"Of course you do." I rolled my eyes.

"Look, call Laurielle, get dressed, go out with me and Ronnie tonight." She bumped my shoulder.

"I mean, I'm not doing anything else." I sighed.

"That's my girl. Wear something tight." She said as she stood.

I did the same to walk her to the door.

"You too beautiful to be upset over him. No matter how much you love him." She chuckled.

She kissed my cheek and left out. I locked the door behind her and picked up my phone. I texted Laurielle about tonight and told her bring her materials. An hour later, she knocked on my door. 

"Good God, girl! We going out!" She squealed.

Her and my sister always tried to get me to go out but I would always say no because of Zion.

"Come on so I can do your hair." She waved me over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hair was bone straight and was laying against my back. Laurielle beat my face so perfectly, it didn't even look like I had on makeup. It paid to have a friend who was in cosmetology. I slid on a spaghetti strap army green colored  dress that had a slid on the side. The strappy sandals that matched with gold accents adorned my feet. I slid on a few gold bangles on one wrist and my gold Nixon watch on the other. I grabbed the largest pair of gold hoops I could find and put them on.