day 36

day 36
12:44

THE park was nearly empty, save for a few children and their parents scattered in different directions. namjoon and jin had arranged for their friends to meet up at one in the park they hung out in earlier last month.

the two were alone as of now, sitting atop a bench with their hands intertwined in the space between their legs.

jin was watching a kite that moved with the wind against the cloudless sky, thinking of nothing in particular, unaware of namjoon's fond gaze on him.

"you always compliment me, but i feel i never compliment you enough." his deep voice spoke in hushed tones as if he were sharing a secret.

jin's eyes continued to follow the movement of the yellow and orange kite. it was in the shape of a plane; something about it homely and comforting. "while i love compliments, i really don't mind being the one who gives them the most. plus, that day in the parking lot was enough praise to receive for a lifetime."

namjoon scoffed, clearly disagreeing, "please," he sounded offended, "you wanting to eat cereal out of my dimples totally topped that. i have to do better. i have to make you blush and feel butterflies."

jin groaned and hid head in his hands. namjoon pouted, sad that his palm was now empty of the warmth seokjin gave off. "that was such a dumb thing to say." jin's voice was muffled, but audible enough for namjoon to understand.

his laugh was rang out like the breeze through a cherry blossom tree.

"jin, its fine, you just really like food." he pecked the older's cheek and ruffled his hair like he was tending to a child. "shut up you grape, i'm older than you." as a retaliation, jin caught the younger into a headlock and began rubbing his knuckles harshly atop his head.

"we've arrived, fuckers," hoseok's voice cane from behind the pair, and soon they were face-to-face with their five friends.

"ha," seokjin stuck his tongue out a namjoon as he released him. "i have more friends than you." he taunted, pointing at jungkook, jimin, taehyung, and hoseok.

"wow, seokjin, that really hurts." yoongi mumbled and forced his lips into a pout. jin found the action a bit strange since yoongi's lips already had a natural downturn. him pouting them more was oddly adorable. absolutely disgusting.

"we have news, children." namjoon clapped his hands and gestured for the five to have a seat.

"but you're the middle child," taehyung pointed out, "hobi is older than you."

"by height, i rank above him, so your argument is invalid. now, if there are no more interruptions, i'd love to speak." namjoon said authoritatively and clasped his hands together like he was proper.

"thou shall speak." jungkook smiled, happy with how his english sounded. jimin gave him a supportive pat on the back while taehyung counted the syllables on his fingers in confusion.

"oh, wait, what exactly was the news?" namjoon asked, turning to jin. the older sighed in, disappointed, but far from surprised.

"we fucked." jin deadpanned.

hoseok fell off the bench, while taehyung almost broke his neck at how quickly he looked up at the pair. jimin and jungkook were stricken speechless and yoongi simply didn't care.

"we didn't!" namjoon shouted, giving jin an annoyed shove on the shoulder. "we kissed, that's all." he cleared up and sent a glare towards jin when he snickered evilly.

"bitch i'm literally sprawled out on the floor for nothing then," hoseok huffed, extending a hand to taehyung to help pull himself back up.

"i actually, uh, i wanted to ask you," namjoon's facial features softened as he stared at jin in almost worry, "will you date me?"

_____
errbody wus kUng fU FIghtiiiin