day 41

day 41
12:56

on seokjin's lunch break, namjoon had met him in the bakery's kitchen. jaejoon and another part-time baker would come pass by them every so often, giving weird looks, being that they were sat on the floor sharing a plate of beef bulgogi.

namjoon had run to the barbecue restaurant down the street to bring the dish to jin, as he didn't bring lunch today.

"so why were you giving that couple the other day those dirty looks?" the younger took a sip of pint sized bottle of soda he bought for himself, while jin had a cold bottle of water.

"they were pissing me off," jin scoffed, recalling the abundant amount of couples that came into the shop the other day. "do you know how annoying it is to see all these couples being loving to each other when you're not even around me?"

"cute, you want to be loving towards me?" namjoon purses his lips and began giving jin air kisses.

in no way amused, jin shoved a strip of meat into his mouth and continued to speak. "no, i want to be that judgmental couple that points out other people's relationship."

"sorry, pumpkin, but i think yoongs and jimin already took that position."

"wait, what?"

namjoon's casual way of telling the newfound information nearly caused jin to spit out his food. he half thought he boyfriend was just being sarcastic, but the next words coming from his mouth had jin feeling like he'd been living a lie.

"i wasn't supposed to say anything, but yoongi has a soft spot for jimin. i don't think jimin or anyone else besides hobi and i know though."

"i'm so confused," jin dropped his chopsticks onto the styrofoam box containing their lunch, "i thought hoseok had a thing for yoongi? i thought yoongi hated jimin?"

"nah, hoseok has a thing for that jaejoon guy apparently—"

jin spat out his drink, his eyes widening to that of saucers, "bitch, i feel like my whole life has been tried!" he wanted to jump up and find wherever jaejoon had disappeared to.

"you really are too dramatic, jinnie. have a snickers," namjoon laughed at his own remark.

"i will pop a cap in your back if you ever say that to me again." jin deadpanned, the stare he bore into namjoon's own eyes heavy like dead weight.

"i'm dating a lunatic."

a wide smile broke out onto jin's once stoic expression. "wow, can you believe we're really dating?" his eyes searched namjoon's warm face, hoping to memorize every feature, mark, and slight imperfection.

"i know," the younger gave a cute giggle, covering his smile with his hands, "we're really out in these streets gaying it up for the masses." his eyes twinkled as he stared back at seokjin's own face. he couldn't understand how he ended up so lucky.

a craving for strawberry shortcake one day lead him to the craving for another man's affection.

"when are we going to tell the others?" he asked, leaving jin to finish off the rest of the meal.

"we can just randomly make out in front of them and send them all into cardiac arrest."

"okay," namjoon said slowly, "how about we push that to the side and explore other options."

"i can always push you to the side and explore other options." jin bit out, pointing his chopsticks towards his boyfriend with a smug look.

"i feel deeply wounded right now." namjoon muttered quietly, though he knew jin was joking. "but you're definitely good looking enough to, so i don't doubt your abilities."

"oh please," jin almost yelled, startling the part-time chef who was opening a new package of icing on the other side of the kitchen. "the moment i saw you the stars fell from the sky because they couldn't compete with the being that is kim namjoon."

a rouge blush flowered across the apples of namjoon's cheeks and kissed the tips of his ears."you really have my heart in the palm of your hand, seokjin."

"and mine in yours."

_______
where was this pulled out of? my ass.
that's why it's shit.

sorry if there are typos, i wrote this in like 20 minutes