day 37 pt.2

day 37 pt. 2
20:10

namjoon stared down at the table with a mixture of disbelief and worry. his eyes skittered across the uncountable number of plates spread across the table before looking up to jin. "how could you have ordered so much food?" his voice was small, breathless almost.

jin beamed and bounced happily in his seat. "i bet i can eat more than you." he challenged once he picked up the restaurants chopsticks. his own eyes caught hold of namjoon's as a budding competition was held in their gazes.

"we're in a fancy restaurant, pumpkin. that's highly inappropriate in such a setting." namjoon said, lowering his voice so he could come off as intimidating.

jin laughed tautly. "your hair also isn't appropriate in such a setting," he paused, "shortcake." the nickname was full of condescension and teasing meaning to provoke the younger male.

glares like daggers and faces like stone took over several seconds of their time before namjoon slowly reached for his own utensils. "so," he twisted them between his fingers, "on the count of three?"

they fixed their chopsticks over their respected plates like cars at the starting line. "one," jin started. "two," namjoon continued.

"would either of you like to try our complimentary wine?" the waitress interrupted with a bottle of chardonnay in her hands. she looked between the two boys with a polite smile on her face, not knowing what she just disturbed.

both namjoon and seokjin leaned away from their food in embrasement, wondering if she saw how they were before. rose bloomed across the apples of namjoon's cheeks and scarlet decorated jin's neck and the tip of his ears. "thank you much," namjoon bowed at her politely once she began to fill their wine glasses. "we were so parched." jin laughed awkwardly, scratching the nape of his neck.

when she finally turned her back, namjoon was the first to begin hastily eating his rice. "no fair," jin shouted, which gained the attention of a few patrons, "that's cheating! how could i ever date a man who cheats?"

the exclamation caused namjoon to look up in panic. his mouth, which was slightly agape, showed the gross mush of white he'd been chewing from seconds before.

having gotten the other to stop eating, jin went ahead and strung up a heaping pile of noodles from the pot between them. "sucker," he cackled, slurping down the food. namjoon quickly caught on to jin's devious plan and began to pile food into his mouth once again.

"you're so evil, seokjin. i thought you were serious." mumbling from the amount of food he'd stuffed into his mouth, namjoon's hurt expression only caused the older to laugh more.

once again, namjoon was staring at the table in incredulity. "i can't believe you actually won." he sounded close to crying. his eyes darted to each bowl and empty side dish on the table. "i also can't believe you ate all of this food." he looked to jin across from him, who was leaning back on his palms blissfully.

namjoon watched silently as a small smile played on jin's soft lips while an expression of glee painted his princely features. his heart swelled, and he wasn't too sad about loosing their bet anymore. seeing jin full and happy made him feel as if he won the entire world. 

the bill was soon presented to them. the slim, leather pocketed book placed at the edge of the slitted wooden table. namjoon reached into his back pockets to get his wallet but froze when seeing jin slip his credit card into the fold of the bill. "what're you doing?" namjoon retracted his hand and frowned at jin.

whistling, jin caught the attention of their waitress and handed her the bill with a kind smile. "i paid?" he finally answered with a shrug.

"okay, but i lost. i should've paid."

"we never established whether or not the loser got a penalty. either way, i wanted to pay."

"fine by me," namjoon clapped with a smile, "i'm the one left with more money in the end." he smiled cheekily at jin, leaning across the table and sticking his tongue out childishly.

jin hummed with a roll of his eyes. the waitress was soon back, returning the sleek credit card to it's owner. the two men bid her a kind farewell and left the restaurant, stepping out onto the cobblestone pavement outside.

"let's go window shopping." namjoon suggested, his large hand smacked around jin's wrist before dipping into his hand and interlocking their fingers.

sudden memories of the night by the stream and namjoon's lips against his cheek flashed in seokjin's mind. it left a silky feeling on his skin and a tugging in his heart. jin wasn't sure how much longer he could wait for namjoon to decide whether or not he wanted them to officially date. he wondered when the younger would ask him later tonight, knowing namjoon was the one who wanted to initiate it.

"let's head that way," namjoon nodded his head to the right and pulled jin along with him.

"i'll go wherever you go." jin said sweetly, sounding almost drunk in emotion.

but when namjoon looked back at him with a lopsided, deep dimpled smile, jin knew he was speaking nothing but the truth.

***
covers are hard and i hate them