day 50

day 50
12:07

namjoon was exceptionally giddy when striding through the doors of jin's bakery. behind the counter, however, was not his boyfriend. in his place was none other than jung hoseok, and beside him, a female employee currently taking the order of an elderly woman and her grandson.

namjoon adjusted the lapels of his heavy leather jacket and strode up to the counter either way. "hey hope," he greeted kindly, knocking his knuckles atop the glass display case. having gained the older's attention, receiving a warm response in return, he preceded with his order: "a slice of strawberry shortcake and chamomile, please."

with a hum, hoseok input the order into the computer. "i added a little extra something for you." he said shortly after. he flashed namjoon a knowing smile, mischievous glint flashing behind his eye as he turned to enter the kitchen behind him. "can you just leave your station like that?" namjoon called behind him, but the door swung close.

he glanced at the employee behind the other register, yet she was little help with her offered shrug. as soon as her shoulders fell, seokjin cane barreling out of the kitchen. his apron was disarray and splattered with flour and frosting, yet he was as beautiful as ever. "joonie," he tugged the messy item off of his body and rounded the counter towards his boyfriend, embracing him in a short hug (this was his place of work after all).

"i have kitchen duty today," jin explained with an apologetic smile. he mostly wanted to let off and spend the rest of his day with namjoon, too bad he's already been slacking and it's starting to show. "that's fine, i just stopped by to see you real quick, is all." with the pad of his thumb, the younger wiped away a streak of cake batter on jin's jaw.

"and for your daily strawberry shortcake, right, mr. badass?"

an incredulous snort came from namjoon at the nickname, "mr. badass?" seokjin knew fair and well namjoon was anything but. he was a clumsy bundle of plushies and sweet treats who so happened to have a voice similar to the mariana trench and affinity for rapping.

none of this stopped jin's vigorous nodding. hoseok came back out eventually, only seconds later, with the slice of cake and tea. "with your leather jacket and biker boots. you drive a truck, you poser." even with the teasing words, seokjin's voice was undeniably fond.

his gaze was as soft as his features, watching namjoon fish around in his jacket pocket for his wallet, "baby, i have some exciting news."

seokjin raised both of his brows, "is it that you found your wallet?"

"it's not that exciting," namjoon waved the brown leather in between them before pulling out his credit card. "no, it's about the song we made together when we first met."

namjoon was busy paying as he continued to speak, "my boss, as i said, thought it was really good. he advised we make another one—"

hoseok had cut him off mid-sentence, "that's so much more exciting than finding your wallet!" he was bouncing where he stood, and with his excitement, his voice level went from inside to outside. "what is wrong with you?" he continued, shaking his head with disbelief and scandal. namjoon felt that, if hoseok could, he would've grabbed him by his shoulders to shake away his idiocy.

"that really is more exciting than your raggedy wallet. by the way, i was thinking of buying you a new one." seokjin was musing at this point, mostly talking to himself than his boyfriend. "you're both so helpless," hoseok, once again, interjected. "let me be your boyfriend, joon. i'll do the song."

seokjin gasped.

"the producer actually wants a vocalist but—"

seokjin was still caught on the 'let me be your boyfriend' fiasco, mumbling to himself about how namjoon didn't deserve him and hoseok could never live up to his name, much less existence.

"—i was actually hoping to get all the guys together to make a song. only if you're all up to it, of course." namjoon knew that hoseok would be cool with it. earlier, he'd even convinced yoongi to rap alongside him as well, even though jimin would be present. it was something namjoon didn't quite understand, especially since the two had a thing apparently.

he felt that convincing taehyung and jungkook would easy business, they would say yes to anything if he asked cutely enough.

"so when is this happening?" jin finally gathered his sanity and moved on to the topic at hand. he decided that with this slight betrayal, he was, in fact, not going to buy namjoon a new wallet.

"this weekend preferably, i know the three of you don't usually work weekends. at least, that's what taehyung told me when i asked a while back."

it was settled, after that. namjoon had his cake, his tea, and his friend's excited participation. he couldn't wait to get his lyrics to be recorded, excited to see what yoongi had come up with when he'd see him later, and had a hopeful feeling that the upcoming saturday would be nothing short of production and a good time.

but knowing his friends, he knocked on the wooden table outside the bakery just in case.

_________
i haven't written for this in so long!!! i'm sorry!!! i'll get back to this!!!

enjoy this unedited version for now