day 60 pt. 2

day 60 pt. 2
12:02

seokjin snickered smugly under his breath when he took a glance at namjoon's face, eyes latching onto the younger's nose bridge. "shut up, you piece of shit." namjoon grumbled, shoving into seokjin's side with an elbow and huffing with indignation. "hey," seokjin gasped in growing defensive, "it's not my fault! you're the one who fell asleep in the sun!"

"and you're the one who didn't wake me up!" the slope of namjoon's nose was stained a distinct flush of color, a sunburn that irritated the area with even the most minuscule of facial movements. namjoon couldn't smile, pout, or frown in confusion without feeling like he wanted to scratch his nose into oblivion. it especially did not help that his boyfriend, ever aggravating and devious, would do things sucks as tickle his sides or tell an awful joke in order to get him to react.

"you looked so peaceful and unsuspecting of the consequences!" seokjin had said as if any of his reasons were arguable. "plus, i wanted to laugh at your face with jungkookie and jimin in our groupchat. they say hello, by the way."

"i will sneak grasshoppers into the bed when you're asleep."

seokjin only laughed at the threat, though he didn't doubt namjoon wouldn't follow through with his words. their trip so far has been ever enlightening. seokjin has found namjoon to be endeared and more enamored with tiny ground creatures than with anything else he'd ever seen—him included. he'd gotten momentarily jealous over how gently namjoon had escorted a little green frog from out the sun and to a cooler area. "they like to bask in the sun, but this little one's skin was getting too dry." he explained patiently to seokjin, going into further detail on how if a frog's skin were to dry out, it wouldn't be able to get in enough oxygen or expel enough carbon dioxide in order to live.

but even when they packed up their picnic, namjoon was still worrying over the small creature he'd placed out of the immediate sunlight. "there's enough foliage to ensure it won't die," seokjin said, "immediately."

the last bit wasn't particularly helpful nor amusing if going by the look he was given in return.

so namjoon, like the whisperer of all fucking small baby animals, took the frog into his cupped palms and was determined to bring it back to a reliable and safe source of water. it was still warm out, though not as achingly hot as before, and the sun was still shining down from the clear sky above. seokjin didn't mind wandering about for a few hours longer.

they'd walked back down the side of the mountain, and at some point, seokjin had fished out a disposable camera from the depths of the bag they brought along. he'd accumulated several different shots of the scenery, the frog in namjoon's giant, though loving, embrace, and an obnoxious amount of glamour shots of namjoon and his sun fried nose.

"keep that up and i'll break up with you on our vacation date." namjoon snapped halfheartedly, no actual bite in his words, but seokjin dramatically whined with displeasure regardless.

by the time they reached the bottom of the mountain, they'd fallen back onto the trail leading to their villa. seokjin momentarily thought namjoon was going to dump the frog in their view-side bathtub, but he abruptly turned in the opposite direction, walking towards the beach.

"what's a frog doing by the beach anyway?" he asked. "don't they explode with salinity or something, like slugs?"

"it's dehydrating. slugs have moist skin though, so salt coming into contact with their skin will cause brine to form. a strong brine, might i add, and osmosis begins. similarly to frogs, the slug will die a lingering, drawn out death of dehydration."

"gnarly." seokjin frowns slightly, in such a way that his lips puckered and his eyes narrowed alongside the dip between his brows. by then, they had made it onto shore and he tugged off his shoes, not too fond of getting sand in them.