11. Birthday

You sat up on your bed, Neko was sitting on your pillow still asleep. You lightly pet him on the head and got up. You were in the middle of eating breakfast when there was a knock at your door. A mailman stood in front of you with his arms holding onto a large box. "Delivery for...", he looked down at the box and read the label,"(y/n) (l/n)?". You nodded and he handed you the box. You brought it inside and opened it. On top was a letter.
Dearest (y/n)
I know its been a while since we have seen you and your father and I are so sad we couldn't make it for your birthday. Happy birthday, in this box are a couple of presents from me and your father. Hope you like them, we will get in touch with you soon XOXOXO
Love mum and dad
You smiled and hugged the letter, then continued to look through the box. Inside was a beautiful dress, a cute pair of heels and a flower crown. The bottom of the box was layered with new video games, you smiled but when you had taken it all out there was only one thing left. A small wooden box. You opened it and inside was a very pretty necklace with snake like charm hanging from it. Your eyes filled with tears, this was your mothers necklace. It had been handed down for generations and it was beautiful. You put it back into the box and lifted all of your stuff into your room. 

It was really quiet at school. No one at Ouran academy knew about your birthday. But it didn't bother you no one had every really wished you happy birthday before. At your old schools you didn't really have any friends so it was just your parents and family members. You walked towards your class and met Yana on the way. She smiled as you crossed paths. Both of you walked to class together.

In the middle of class your phone buzzed.  Haruhi had texted you.
Haruhi: Hey do you wanna hang out after school?
You looked back at Haruhi and smiled, nodding.

You met Haruhi after school and went back to your place. When you got there she starred in awe. She was only a commoner and didn't live in a big house like mine, other rich kids would probably be disappointed with our house as it wasn't a mansion. We entered and she admired all of the photos and furniture. I gave her a couple of cooking lessons and made us some chocolate chip cookies. "These are delicious (y/n)", she said with a mouth full of food. I smiled at her showing my chocolatey teeth. You went into your room and introduce Neko. "Haruhi this is my cat Neko", you said as she pet him on the head. He purred loudly, nuzzling into her hand. I then had to go to the bathroom, so I left Haruhi and Neko alone in my room.

Haruhi's POV
(y/n) had no idea what was in store for her tonight. Kyoya had told us all that it was her birthday today and we all wanted to throw her a party. It was just the hosts and some others from our year. It as actually Yana's idea. The others would be setting up right now, I just had to keep her occupied and dressed nicely for it. I was petting Neko when I noticed a large box on her bed. I reached inside and pulled out a beautiful dress. Wow it was magnificent, I held it up by the straps and looked over it and that's when (y/n) came back in.

Your POV
When I finished in the bathroom I came into the room and saw Haruhi holding up the dress I had received this morning. "Its beautiful", she said starring at it. She then put it back in the box and apologized for going in it. "Don't worry Haruhi it's fine", I assured her. Some thing was up with her, but what exactly?

You and Haruhi had been hanging out for a couple of hours now and it was 6:30pm. Haruhi had pressured you into trying on the dress, heels and the flower crown together. You looked in the mirror and sighed, did it look good? I couldn't really tell. I slightly opened the bathroom and peeked around the door to see if Haruhi was there. You looked around, you couldn't see her. The you saw something out of the corner of your eye. Haruhi was running towards you. You tried to close the door quickly but you were too late. Haruhi had now seen you. Her cheeks reddened and her mouth hung open. "You look so pretty", she said, holding her hands over her mouth. you blushed and gave her a spin. And that's when you got a text.
Yana: Hey do you and Haruhi wanna come out for dinner with me?
You: Sure, where do you wanna meet?
Yana: I will have a car come over to pick you up, should be there in ten minutes so get ready quick
You: OK see you then <3

You were about to go change when Haruhi stopped you. "Just go like that", she said smiling ,"You look great". You sighed and gave in. Ten minutes later there was a loud beep coming from outside of your house. You and Haruhi ran outside and got in the waiting car. On the way to the restaurant we stopped off at Haruhi's house and she quickly got changed. She came back wearing a black suit, she looked great. It took you about 15 minutes to drive to the restaurant and when you got there you were amazed. It was beautiful. You and Haruhi walked in staring around at all the scenery, large painting and sculptures decorated the room. Haruhi walked up to the reception (Idk what it's called). "We are here with Yana", she said. The lady smiled and lead you over to a private room. When you entered it was dark but then Haruhi turned on the lights and what you saw made you cry. So many of your friends were there, smiling. "SURPRISE!!", they yelled. Tears were falling fast and before you knew it you were showered in hugs. So many of your friends were there. They smiled at you and you all sat down at the large table in the middle of the room. You wiped away your tears and joined the conversation. It was mostly eating and laughing. Gosh these guys never failed to amaze you.

By the end of the night you were exhausted. You were so tired, you sleepily walked to the car and got in with the hosts in behind you. When you arrive home you had fallen asleep so Mori carried you in to you house, bridal style. He lay you down on you bed and pulled a blanket over your cold body. He watched you for a second before smiling, placing a light kiss on your forehead and leaving.

Hosts POV

Mori walked out of the house with a smile on his face. Kaoru eyed him up and down as he got into the car. "What took you so long?", he asked impatiently. Mori shrugged,sat down and turned to look out the window, watching (y/n)'s house as they got further and further away. They were all so tired, Huni placed his head in Mori's lap and fell asleep. Mori sighed, (y/n) truly was a flower today and he knew some of the other hosts would or had all ready fallen for her. He would be lucky if he was the one she chose, but he had no reassurances...