37. An unwanted guest

I woke this morning to a knock at the door. I sighed and pushed myself off my bed, getting ready to scold the host club. They had all come over the day before and woken up the kittens as well. I quickly fixed my hair and then walked over to the door and swung it open. Standing on the steps in front of the house was a tall (h/c) haired man. He was quite familiar I just couldn't remember where I had seen him before. "Can I help you?", I ask. The man chuckles and runs his fingers though his hair. "I would think my own daughter would recognize me", he smirks. I grit my teeth and glare at the man. Now I remember, this man is my father. I hear Shi calling me from the kitchen and turn seeing him coming over to the door. "Who is it?", he asks. My father smiles at Shi. "It's nice to see my son and daughter again, how about a family reunion?". Shi grabs the door and slams it shut.

I sigh and walk back to my room, Shi returns to the kitchen. A few minutes later there is another knock at the door. Shi walks over to the door and looks through the peep hole. "Its still him", he sighs. "Maybe we should let him in", I whisper. Shi glares at me and grits his teeth. "Sure let in the man that gave me away and got us all messed up in his cult drama!", he yells. I glare back at him and sigh. "It was just a suggestion, you don't need to get so worked up". He scoffs and heads back into the kitchen, leaving me to stand in the doorway. "You can let him in if you want but he isn't staying". You nod and open the door, the same man stood outside.

"You know it is quite rude to slam the door in someone's face", he says. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Why are you here and what do you want?", I ask. "Well I wanted to see my children, is that alright with you?". I grit my teeth. This man is making me so angry. "Why?", I ask. "Why what?". "Why do you do all of stuff to hurt us and think that its fine to just come back and act as if none of it happened?!". He sighs and puts his foot in the door, stopping it from slamming in his face for the second time. "We didn't mean to get you mixed up in that stuff, we were young and stupid". "You got that right! Who in their right mind joins a cult?!". "If you let me in I'll tell you why". You were hesitant at first but then gave in. "You better give us a good explanation".

Shi was furious that I actually let him in. We sat on one side of the couch and our father sat on the other. Three mugs of tea sat patiently on the coffee table. "So are you gonna explain?", Shi spits, glaring at our father. He sighs and nods. "At first the blood alliance was just a joke, a small group we created as friends. Your mother and I were the knights then there was the king and his right hand man the jester". Shi tensed, I turned and gave him a stern look. Now was not the time to get angry. "King got so into it and what once was a small group of friends turned into a large group, this group then turned into a cult. King was taking this all too far so your mother and I pulled out, we didn't want anything to do with it". There was a moment of silence before I decided to speak. "I found the letters the jester sent you and Mom, they talked about you owing them something". "When we left we stole a lot of money from them". Shi couldn't take it any longer, he stood up, flipping the coffee table in the process. "You are telling me that you stole money from them not caring about how it would effect us?! They almost killed me and my sister! The jester tried to rape her, she tried to kill herself and you didn't do anything about it! You were gone! You left her alone you coward and where's Mom huh?! Where is she?! Is she cowering just like you are?!".

I noticed how our father tensed. His eyes began to water and the tears began descending down his freshly shaven face. "You mother died a few weeks ago from terminal cancer". The room went quiet, all anger disappeared and all that was left was a depressing aura. "I'm sorry we weren't there for you or that we couldn't protect you, we left so that you two would be safe... we never thought it would go this far". My body seemed to move on its own and before I knew it my arms were wrapped around the crying man. Shi had sat back down and rested his face in his hands. Tears began running down my own face, my father comfortingly rubbed my back. "I came back because I wanted to make this all up you two, I heard that Shi was out of that place and that the blood alliance was gone. I want to be here for you two and I promise this time I won't leave. And if you don't want me here then I'll leave, you won't ever have to see me again but I will continue to financially support both of you until you are able to do so yourself". Shi stood up and I let go of our dad. "(Y/n) and I will discus this and come back with our answer". I stand and follow Shi out of the room.

We walked into my room and Shi collapsed on my bed. "What should we do?", I ask him. Shi shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly this is your choice, I don't really trust him but he seems to want a fresh start. Also he lost Mom so he's alone too, he just wants to start again with us". I sat on the edge of the bed and wiped the tears off my face. "I think I know my answer". Shi nods and the two of us make our way back into the living room.

Our father looked at us with a worried expression on his face. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him...even after everything. "We have out answer", Shi announces. He looks to me and I take a deep breath. "Yes, you can stay".

Well it looks like your Dad is back and he wants to back in your lives. Hope you liked this chapter even though the host club didn't appear or any of the 7 cats living in your house. Thank you all for your cat suggestions I'm just confused as to why people keep suggesting cats. I said only five yet even now people are suggesting more. I even commented and said that I had five and wouldn't be adding any more but suggestions keep coming. Please stop XP. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD