abdicate

Help is what she needed. Something she got little of or she didn't want it. But she needs it. She don't want to decline. She don't have a choice. She didn't have a choice when Jay moved out because of Abby. She didn't have a choice when Hank got her the job in the FBI. She loves it but her family.

How were they doing? Good, bad, what was her question. But the help she needed was getting out of this mood. She felt like she needed to pop something but she knew she couldn't. Not if she wanted to keep her job. She lost her job in Chicago she needs to keep this one.

This wasn't her home. FBI wasn't something she wanted. Something Hank got for her to keep her job. To keep the unit. To let Bunny free. She knew this wasn't for her. She went down her old ways. Popping pills. Drinking and smoking. She didn't care about the stupid FBI. They could kiss her ass for all she cared. She knew she would be in trouble when she kept popping. She knew what happened the last time. She finally checked herself in and got help.

•••••••

2022. She left in 2017 and he hasn't seen her once. They were suppose to get marry. But he never actually proposed and now that ring is on Natalie's finger. He was now partnered up with Burgess for good. He had a feeling she was never going to come back. Then Hank came out of his office.

"New York SVU needs our help on a case. Now it's related to the rapist who's striking in rehab facilities . Jay, Burgess your on the next flight with me to New York." Hank said.

New York . The one place where she is. Where she's been for the past 5 years. Once they got on the plane all he could think about was her. His number one girl he let go off. His girl who he let run off and do this without telling him. They finally got off the plane and headed to SVU. They said hi to the detectives they knew for quite awhile.

"Okay. Our alleged rapist is checking into rehab facilities and raping woman. Now so far 3 came forward . "Olivia says.

"Okay, Jay, Kim, Rehab facility. Check it out. " Hank calls out.

Once they get there the nurse was so rude.

"We need to see all patients files who checked in here." Jay asked.

"In that room. " she pointed to the room without looking up from her computer.

They were almost done looking when one file fell into his hands. Her . Erin Lindsay's file.

"Burgess Erin was a patient here. " jay called out.

"She was." She came over to Jay and looked. She was fine when left Chicago. Why the sudden change?

•••••••

Erin was happy they gave her another chance. Even if this wasn't something she dreamed of, they gave her another chance. Hank was right. They really wanted her. Today was her first raid she's actually been on. Today there was a drug bust and it's been open for days but she was ready now. It's now or never in her mind.

They all cornered the van. They were going to leave the house. But soon they got bathe drugs and got the biggest dealer they found arrested. They checked the house and found nothing else. She was the first to leave then everybody else.

At least everything's not all messed up in her life right now. Sometimes since she she knew Olivia, she go down and visit her second family she has. At least they wouldn't do anything with her choice.

•••••••

Once they got back to the 16th precinct everyone was waiting for the files. Jay was surprised if Hank or anyone else saw this . About Erin. He never thought she would go down this road again but get the help she needed.

"Halstead a word." Hank said.

"You seen this right." Jay nodded and Hank said we can wish for the best.

"Rollins , Carsi go to his address . We'll text more but head out. Fin go with Jay and Burgess to check out the others." Hank and Olivia called out.

They checked out everywhere and it was clear. Either they moved or who bows what happened. But for one house. Erin roommate in rehab.  She never moved. Now she was a victim. At least they found someone. Now she didn't want to tell about what happened. It wasn't her that he did it to. It was Erin. Their Erin. She never said anything to her second family. But the one she never knew or anyone is if she had the baby. A rapist baby.

•••••••

Erin never felt like anything happened. She was happy with her job. Even if she couldn't be a cop at least this was a step higher than she was used too. This was her home. She remembered Hank's words. Don't look back.

She would never look back and she kept looking forward. She thought she would never leave go back to intelligence when Nadia died. She did for Jay. To help save Jay. That why she went back. Would she go back for him? She has no job there if she ever goes back. This was her chance at a life. Something she don't have to leave lot her apartment. She changed out of her clothes and went to the bar. It was a quiet night to be here. She ordered herself a beer and sat there thinking. Thinking about how her life turned out. She was happy where she was was. This is somewhere where she never thought she would ever be in her life.

The street kid. That what she grew up as. Bunny never caring about her. Her do drugs. Getting arrested by Voight. But one thing. Why did she think she always have to save bunny? Bunny was nothing but a person who made her into the world. She was done with Bunny and never wanted to talk to her again. She was with the FBI because of Hank and to save her. This was her chance to be away from Bunny. The person who makes a mess in her life.

•••••••

Jay, Hank, and Burgess went out to the bar. They needed a drink after all the information they found out today.  They went to the bar where Olivia recommended to them. They got there and it was a small little bar. Quiet. Quiet wasn't something Voight was use to. They sat at the bar.

"3 beers please." Jay said.

"Here you go ma'am." The bartender handed to the brunette. The bartender handed the drinks to Jay .

The brunette sat there quiet. Not looking at anyone around her. Then there she was talking on her phone. Jay was wondering who. Once she got up, he recognized her boots. Erin Lindsay's boots. He remembers those black boots she always wore.

"Guys look at that girls boots." Jay said. They looked and knew who it was. Erin Lindsay was at the same bar at them. She walked towards the restroom . Burgess goes in there and pretends she's washing her hands. Erin comes out and washes her hands and looks and Burgess.

"Kim?" She questioned.

"Hi."They hugged each other.

"Erin, you took a job with the feds."Kim asked.

"I can't say nothing. But Kim. I missed you. "They hugged each other before Erin left. Kim walked out and back to the table.

"She's different. She said she can't say anything."Kim said.

"Don't worry Jay we'll get her back."Kim said as they walked out of the bar. Erin was right sitting in her car and they walked  in. Was she ready to face them?

Tell me what you think and if you have any ideas.