Fresh starts are possible

James was meeting his lawyer to discuss the case and if Erin dropped the papers off.

"So first thing first, the case. Titania is speaking with the police at the moment. So she's telling them what happened. If it does match up to you , it's a chance they can win the case . Second, nice to see your going through a divorce." James's lawyer says.

"I don't care about the case. I just can't believe she went and filed the papers. " James said.

"She's stated everything she wants. Just half the money. She don't care about anything else. "His lawyer told him.

"Ok I'll do it. What's next after this?" James asked.

"We'll set up a court date and go from there. This divorce is something you can't worry about . Worry about the case." His lawyer said before he walked out.

•••••••

Jay stood at her door. He didn't know if he was going to knock or if she answered. He knocked.

"Erin, Detective Halstead is here." Stacy chuckled .

"Jay what are you doing here?" Erin asked as she came to the door.

"I came to talk to you." Jay said as he came in.

"About?" Erin asked.

"I miss us. Erin, I see the look every time you look at me. You look like a lost puppy. Can we try us once more?"Jay asked.

"Jay, I'm going through a divorce. And I'm not sure if getting back with you is a good idea. I mean I think we moved on. Your my father to my kids, a friend to me. I think if we want some kind of relationship together get to know our kids." Erin explained to him.

"I know. I should've tried to contact you after you left but I didn't. I don't want to miss anything else." Jay said.

"Okay then but how is it going to work if I'm in New York and your in Chicago." Erin asked.

"I'm going to use my vacation time. " Jay said.

"Jay, I don't want you to do that of it's going to effect work." Erin plead to him.

"Erin, I'm not going to miss anything else." Jay told her. She nodded. It seemed like old times for him but she didn't want him here. But deep down everyone knows we need them here. ❤️