Everyone can move on, sometimes

It's been 6 months since Jay last saw Erin. Since Erin and James decided to move into a brand new place with the kids. She has a new life. Nothing has gone wrong(ok maybe one thing) since she's been in Chicago.  Maybe New York is a better place. 

"Erin."James said. 

"Yeah."She said back. 

"How would you like to go to dinner tomorrow?"James asked. 

"Who's watching the kids?"Erin asked him. 

"Stacy or Lena. Just what do you say."James said. 

"Yes . I would love to."Erin said. 

The next day once it was time to get ready she got ready. 

Once she got dressed she did her hair and James and her left

Once she got dressed she did her hair and James and her left. Once they got to the restaurant, she notice nobody was there. 

"You reserved this all for us?"She asked. 

"Your the love of my life."James opened the door for her and they walked in. Once they ordered, they were laughing about something . The food came and they started eating. She was distracted when he got on one knee. She dropped the fork . 

"Erin Lindsay we have known each other since we were kids. I was the one who saved from the streets. Even if I wasn't always there by your side, I want to be there now. So will marry me?"James asked. 

"YES."Erin screamed as he put there ring on her finger. Stacy, Lena, and the kids came out. 

"Congrats girl."Stacy said. 

"LEt's hope you don't break her heart. "Lena joked and erin playfully hit her. 

"I love you."Erin said. 

"I love you too."They kissed, 

"Get a room you too."Lena said. They all laughed and went back home. 

.......

Jay got his normal coffee this morning like he always does. While he was waiting he saw something in the paper. 

'NBA Star finally popped question.' Jay grabbed the paper and started reading it. 

'NBA Star James Smith has popped the question to his 6 month term girlfriend, Erin Lindsay. The two were spotted at Lincoln Square Steak, where he proposed. ' 

He was distracted by reading it. He didn't hear them calling his order. He drove to work and patrol officers were chatting. He said hi to Platt and walked up. Even everyone else up stairs seemed like they knew. He didn't bother asking if they knew so he started his paperwork. 

"Dude did you hear the news?"Adam asked.

"I did. "Jay said. 

The rest of the day, was easy. Jay finished his paperwork and was on his phone. There was a bunch of interviews about their relationships. 

Reporter: How do you think this relationship is different than your past one?

Erin:This one, is different by a lot. We knew each other since we were kids. My past relationship wow um... we worked together that's it. 

Reporter: Question for you James. Some knowhow your other relationship with? Tell us about that one.

James: My past one was with my son's mother. We knew it wasn't going to work out. It was falling apart once we meet.

Reporter:And one last question for both of you. Do we have a date in the air?

J&E: No we don't yet. We want to take it one step at a time . 

He was done with the interviews . He couldn't handle it. He missed her deeply.