How it should be

She just stood there. They stood there. Erin Lindsay was right there. In front of them. Haven't seen her since 2017. When she left on May 17, it didn't seem real. Nothing seemed real anymore. It didn't seem real when they heard that she was a victim. I guess they had to face it. Together. Or separate.

"Hi guys." She couldn't dare to look in their eyes. After all she put them through , she didn't see how they still loved her after all of these years.

"Erin, I'm sorry about what happened to you." Jay said. Of course he felt sorry for her. She's the love of his life. She might not feel that way anymore.

"It's like anything it going to happen again. I'll see you guys later." She tried to walk off as fast as she could but Hank,Jay, and Kim caught up to her.

"Erin. " they said. She had no words for them. She wanted to leave.

"What do you guys need? I have to go to work." Erin asked gently.

"Talk to us. We last seen each other 5 years ago kiddo." Hank said. Her father figure. She did so many things to him , she thought he would give up on her already.

"I'm fine guys. I've missed being with you guys but I've grown to be here. Where I want my home to be now I guess. "Erin said.

"Erin, seeing you and hearing about what happened is devastating." Kim said.

"Thanks Kim but I'm me." Erin said.

"I'll see you guys later." She walked away. She always walk away from stuff she doesn't want to deal with.
•••••••

Erin didn't want to see them again. Even when it small talk like earlier. If they found out where she lived, they would come by. She felt like that's not a good thing because she don't need them right now. She want time. Time to think if she wants to talk about anything. Maybe she could cool the air.

Once she got home , she hoped in the shower. A nice hot shower to cool off. But once she got out, doorbell went off. Now she knew, it was them. I guess it's now or never for her.

"Hey guys." Erin said once she answered the door.

"Can we come in?" She mov d aside and they walked in. Her apartment was different from her one in Chicago.

"So how you been doing kiddo?" Hank asked.

"I've been doing really good." Erin answered.

"How's the FBI?" Jay asked.

"They being treating me good. Leading me own group. Nothing like Chicago." Erin said.

"Happy for you." Jay said.

"Thanks. You guys want anything to drink." Erin asked.

"2 beers and a water." Erin grabbed the drinks and went back to the couch.

"So how's it been in Chicago?" She asked.

"Good. That detective Haley Upton is part of the unit now. Ruzek and I are engaged." Kim says.

"Tell me when and I'll be there." Erin said.

"We should head back to the hotel if your going to catch our flight in the morning." Hank says.

"Good seeing you guys." They all hugged . Her and jay hugged a little longer. She never thought she would feel happy again around them.