Chicago's filled with surprises

She didn't remember how it felt here in Chicago. She hasn't  been here in over 5 years. Hank felt like she should be here for the masquerade ball the Chicago Police department is hosting. Erin knows that they weren't going to take her back .

 But they were actually. They were going to since they understood it was about getting the truth out of someone.  Nobody knows but Hank that she is going to be at this. Jay,Kim they don't know she's going to be there. She wants to be a surprise. Nobody from the unit has seen her since that day. It was going to stay that way. 

—————-

Everybody was ready to go to this ball. Everyone had a date. Everyone but Jay. Jay would go with Erin but she's all the way in New York. If she didn't leave they would go together. He always misses her. Always wishes she was with him here in Chicago.  

Once they got to the ball, they all sat at one table. Erin was somewhere near the table. In the corner. She knew they would recognize her sooner or later. She tried to dress out as they wouldn't know her. 

She never wears stuff like this back like 5 years ago when they did last see her

She never wears stuff like this back like 5 years ago when they did last see her. Tonight  she was going to be on the dance floor and pretend she's living a true dream.  

Kim and the guys went on to the dance floor. They wanted to have fun but it was their first  ball without Erin here with them. She always comes to these events with them. She would always love to dance with them .Joke with them.  The old times were the best. 

Erin was tried of dancing. She saw all of the unit there on the floor near her. Even Upton was there. Erin went to the bar and a few drinks. The ball will be over soon. After the ball she was going to stay the next day and head home. She wanted to go home and spend time with her kids. 

Upton and Kim were getting a little drunk. Ruzek was trying to tell her to stop with the drinks but she never listens to him when she gets like this. Upton wasn't as drunk as she. She was eating a little when she spotted that person Voight assigned her to 5 years ago. 

Erin.