Seven

Arron

I’ve seen those two together six days in a row. Hindi ko alam kung pati Sunday magkasama sila and I wouldn’t know dahil wala naman akong pasok tuwing linggo. And I don’t actually care. Or that’s what I want to think. Nah, I just really don’t.

And this is the seventh day. It was Monday again at hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit lagi kaming nagkakasabay na dumadating sa car park. It was frustrating. Ang totoo niyan, matagal ko na naman sila nakikitang magkasama dati. Lagi ko silang nakikitang naghahalikan na parang ngayon lang ulit sila nagkita when in fact, they just got out of the car. And I wasn’t really that bothered before. I mean–I don’t even know those two personally.

Yes, naging kaklase ko si Allie nung elementary ako. Yes, we were schoolmates back when I was in high school. And yes, Allie is in majority of my subjects this semester but we never talked. I love girls. I adore them. I flirt with them but she’s not the type of girl that you would want to flirt with.

She’s too quiet.

She’s too supple and nice.

Like what she told me before–she’s boring.

Until I finally got to talk to her.

Before even–Crap, what was that girl’s name again? Oh yeah, si Fara. Lovely curves and a good moaner but too needy and I definitely don’t do needy. She was getting too attached, acting like she’s my girlfriend so I ended our relationship. Not that we had any. Anyway. Back to the main subject. Before even Fara arrived to ruin my peace, nauna ko nang narinig si Allie na nagsasalita. Ang akala ko pa nga ay kasalukuyan silang nagbe-break up nung time na yon. I almost peeped and take a walk closer when Fara suddenly pulled my arm and caught me off guard.

“What are you doing here? Hindi ba sabi ko mag-uusap tayo?!” nandilat ang mga mata ko sa pagsalita niya. Napatingin ako sa pinagmumulan ng boses ni Allie at ibinalik muli ang tingin ko kay Fara. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and then hushed her with my finger. Kung pwede lang takpan ng tape ang bunganga nito ay baka day three pa lang, ginawa ko na.

“Wag kang maingay.” pabulong kong sabi dito at sinubukan buksan ang super hearing powers ko. Napangisi ako nang naririnig ko pa rin siyang nagsasalita.

“Mali talaga! Mali! Mali!” mukhang inis na inis siya sa sarili niya.

“What?” she asked. I sighed and looked at her in resignation.

“We’re over.” and then I felt a sting on my cheek.