Chapter Sixteen

^Take a look at that. 

Will

"So..." Jenna mumbled, looking around at the four of us, "How is everyone?"

Matt, surprisingly, smiled, "My usual Devil-can-care self."

Georgia's lips curled upwards at the corners.

I shrugged, "Upright and still breathing. I guess that's good."

Jenna rolled her eyes at me. She turned her gaze towards Georgia, "And you?"

Gee gave a large beam, "I'll let you know when I figure it out."

The bags beneath her eyes were still thick and dark but at least she was back to smiling. 

Jenna smiled gently at her, "Well, I'm in a give-no-shits, take-no-prisoners sort of mood so do y'all want to do something to cheer us all up?"

"Like what?" Matt scoffed, "Ditch detention? I don't know about you but I like having my extra hour of sleep. I don't want to be back here next week."

Jenna sighed at him, "Guys, it's our last detention! We have to... I don't know..."

"Commemorate it?" I filled in for her.

She nodded, "Exactly."

"How?" Gee asked, raising an eyebrow.

That's when we all fell silent.

How exactly would we commemorate ending up in detention without ending up in more detention? Anything fun is practically out of the question.

Matt stood up and my eyes flashed to him. He grinned, "I know what to do."

And then he was running out of the room, shouting, "Don't follow me!"

The girls and I sat there in awkward silence, wondering what the heck that was.

Georgia frowned, "He's not usually this hyper."

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked.

Georgia shrugged, staring out of the door that he'd just run out of, "I mean, he's usually sombre and dark. Not this happy-do-gooder crap."

I scoffed, "Maybe that's a good thing."

Jenna rolled her eyes at me, "Better than you punching him up at gym class."

"True," I smirked, "But he'd been annoying me."

Georgia rolled her eyes at me as well. 

"Careful girls," I sighed, "If you keep rolling your eyes at-"

"I got it!" Matthew shouted, running into the room. In his hand, he clutched a piece of paper. 

He held it up to show us.