Chapter Twenty-One

Hehe, |-/...

***

Matt

I knocked gently on the door of the guest bedroom. There was no response. I pushed it open gently and poked my head in. 

Mi amor rested peacefully, her short inky black locks falling across her delicate face. She snored softly, her body rising and falling in a perfect rhythm. 

I called her name before it could get too creepy. 

Her snoring faltered but regained again quickly. I chuckled to myself, "Geegee."

She let out a soft moan and turned her head in the other direction. I closed my eyes and grimaced at the sound she made. I took a deep breath, "Georgia, baby..."

She let out a guttural groan and I had to refrain from letting out one myself. 

I crossed the room and shook her shoulder, "Kiska. Wake up. I need to know if you're coming to school."

Her hand reached up and grabbed my arm. She wrapped around my arm and tugged on it, pulling me down sharply onto her warm bed. 

Her eyes fluttered open, a sleepy smile gracing her features, "Morning, Matt."

I hesitantly reached up and brushed her locks out of her face before replying, "Good morning."

She let out a quiet yawn. Then she mumbled something beneath her breath. 

"Pardon?" I raised an eyebrow.

She asked, clearer, "Will Mitch make me go to school?"

"No," I whispered, "Of course not."

If I were her, I'd avoid school for a fortnight. 

Georgia shifted on the bed, "What was that you said before? Was it Russian?"

"Kiska?" I asked. 

Georgia nodded, "What's that?"

"Yeah, it's Russian," I clarified.

"What does it mean?"

I smirked, "That you will never know, mi amor."

Georgia simply rolled her eyes at me, "Get up."

"I'm quite comfortable here, actually," I grinned at her. 

"I'm not going to be able to go to school if you don't get up."

***

We walked through the cold atmosphere, our breaths coming out as puffs of white. Music played from Georgia's phone in her pocket. 102.3 Sydney was one of the only radio stations that knew rock music was meant to be played from when you wake up to when you go to bed. She bopped her head slightly to a Kings of Leon song that I couldn't name. 

The song ended and there was a jingle to indicate the music break. 

"Morning Sydney," Tommy I's voice flooded through her phone, "I'm going to take a quick moment to introduce this song that has become a sensation in just the past few hours. It was posted to YouTube just last night under an anon account. The song's called Caught In The Middle and so far, that's all we know. Emma George is behind the scenes investigating as I speak but here it goes... Caught In The Middle."

The first time I heard the name, I thought it was a mishearing, but the second time... 

I swapped a glance with Georgia; we'd both stopped walking. We waited for the song intently.