25. Intimacy

HARRY

I drag Amelia into my chambers, locking the doors behind us, pressing her back against them and clamping her mouth with my hands. Tears form in her eyes as she wheezes from laughter, and as much as I want to scold her, I laugh as well.

"As your Prince I command you to stop laughing." I cross my arms over my chest.

"You are terrible at handling unexpected situations," Amelia tells me, grinning widely.

I scoff. "If it weren't for your laughter, I would have handled it."

"Pretending to be sleepwalking in front of those guards has surely proven your ability."

The memory of me pushing her behind the corner as a group of guards appeared on our way through the servant's corridor flashes in my mind, my embarrassing attempt to pretend I was sleep walking to justify my sneaking around the palace late at night absolutely failing as they all tried to keep their smiles off their faces out of respect. Amelia was the one to burst into laughter, unable to help herself, making me grab her hand and pull her away rapidly.

"When you almost made Mrs Bailey drop her tray, I was certain she would chase after us. You have no idea how much she treasures her porcelain." She laughs louder.

"Oh, stop pouting." Amelia grasps my jaw, squishing my cheeks as a smile fights its way to my puckered lips, making me look like a fish.

I grasp her wrists and pull her towards me, inching my face close to hers. "Behave yourself, Miss Evans."

"Or what?" She challenges with a smirk on her face. "You asked me to stay with you tonight, your Highness. Perhaps you've changed your mind?"

I clear my throat, feeling my cheeks and ears burning. "I still want it." I place my forefinger beneath her jaw and brush the pad of my thumb over her lower lip.

"All right," she replies, making me look at her in slight surprise as she shrugs. "Yes, why not? I get to sleep wrapped up in your fine silky sheets all night, who would say no to that?"

"But your reputation-"

"It would be their word against mine and yours. And you're the Prince."

Relief washes over me and I smile, stepping closer to her, but before I can embrace her she turns around, rushing towards my bed and throwing herself on it, her back hitting the satin sheets while a small squeal leaves her mouth. "So soft, I love soft beds!"

"I'm starting to think you're agreeing to this only because of my bed," I note amusedly, clasping my hands behind my back.

"True, you may leave now."

"You wound me." I dramatically sigh.

"I don't care, I'm too comfortable." She hums, closing her eyes.

I scoff, suddenly jumping beside her, making her bounce up and laugh. Before she can do anything, I position myself on top of her, smiling down as she lifts her head, kissing my nose. Our gazes lock and the intensity of the moment engulfs us, my smile slowly fading as my eyes flick down to her tempting lips.

"Hello, flower prince," Amelia mumbles quietly, her palm cradling my cheek.

"I love it when you call me that," I admit shyly, swiping her curls away from her face.

"May I ask why do you want me to stay? You said you're saving yourself for marriage yet... here we are."

"That was before I met you. With you, I want everything."

She smiles, gently brushing the tip of her her nose against mine as I make the final move and kiss her softly, filling the gaps between her lips with my own as they glide over hers, slowly at first then more eagerly and with passion. I feel her fingers slip into my hair and twist the long strands, her tongue suddenly pushing between my lips and plunging into my mouth. The action momentarily surprises me, my body tensing for a second.