30. I promise

a/n: the amount of love I feel for Tom Hiddleston is unreal ^^ btw sorry for my unusually late update, college has been stressful

HARRY

My eyes burn from the lack of sleep yet I feel some kind of surge of energy inside me, preventing me from collapsing. After begging my father to hear Amelia out, I've managed to crack his shell and he has accepted, but I don't want to take any chances, so Niall and I have come up with a way to set her and the rest free.

My expression is blank and the look in my eyes determined as I reach the entrance to the dungeouns, the guards in the front bowing at me. My eyes narrow as I silently challenge them to just try and stop me before they timidly move and open the path for me. My father has surely ordered them not to let me through or at least to inform him if I try, but I couldn't care less. I want to see Amelia.

My fear and panic have subsided for now, but I know as soon as my father comes to talk to her, they'll rush back at full force. I can't stop imagining worst case scenarions, unfortunately being able to clearly visualise them all hanging from the gallows, cursing my brain silently. Goosebumps litter my skin at the thought, my stomach twisting.

As soon as I reach the corridor with their cells, I rush towards Amelia's, seeing the surprise on her face as her brown eyes fall upon me. Her hair is a tangled mess of curls, dress wrinkled and stained, features exhausted and laced with worry. Her fingers curl around the metal bars dividing us as our eyes lock, a sense of sadness washing over me. She doesn't belong here, this is no place for my future queen.

My hands slip through the space between the bars, framing her face gently. "Mel, I'm so sorry. I tried, I did everything I could."

"I know, you needn't apologise to me," she softly says, leaning closer as a small smile pulls at her lips.

"I promise to set you free, nothing is going to happen to either of you. I won't allow it."

I lean as close as the bars let me, the tips of our noses brushing lightly, our mouths barely apart. She makes the final move and closes the gap between us, her lips pressing against mine. For a few moments, I allow myself to forget about our situation and just savour the moment, my heart immediately beating a little faster and arms itching to pull her closer.

"Shit, you two are actually adorable," Silas says. We smile and pull away, my head turning to see Silas with his head between two bars, his cheeks squished and lips puckered, one hand pressed over his chest.

"Harry, I need to tell you-" Amelia starts.

"Son," my father suddenly calls, making me tense and pull away in surprise.

I turn to face him and gulp thickly, not letting my composure slip away as I lift my chin, nodding at him curtly. "Your Majesty."

He stands in front of me in all his glory, a crown situated on top of his head. His usually kind blue eyes are now cold and calculative, a firm expression etched upon his face, behaviour I see only when he is on official meetings or holding a trial for someone. His gaze slowly shifts at Amelia and he walks towards her, his shoulders pushed back and hands clasped behind his back. Two guards trail behind him, standing a few steps away from him.