48. Reunion

AMELIA

My knees almost buckle beneath me when I step onto the shore, my eyes taking in the greenery of the forest sprawling ahead of me, the sounds of birds chirping reaching my ears. I get an urge to run and get lost between the trees considering it's been too long since I was able to do that, but I know there will be time for it. Right now, all I want is to see my family.

We're on the faraway part of Solis, a day away from Roseburne, knowing our safest option was to be as far away from the Solis palace and Edgar's soldiers as possible. My family should be here by now considering the message we sent gave them enough time to pack and travel here before our arrival.

Harry's loud voice interrupts my stream of thoughts, making me glance at him over my shoulder. He's giving orders to a large heap of soldiers slowly creating a circle around him, paying attention and absorbing his every word. His straight posture and firm voice radiate with confidence as he speaks, calculative, sharp green gaze swiping over each face looking at him. They don't see a young prince fighting for his kingdom in front of them; they see a powerful leader of the army of thousands, their future King.

"Amie, oh my God! She's back!" I hear Silas scream excitedly and before I can look for him, his body collides with mine from the side, a small groan tumbling from my mouth from the force of the impact.

"Silas!" I exclaim and hug him for dear life as he briefly lifts me off the ground, his arms wrapped around my waist in a vice grip. The beat of my heart quickens in excitement, cheeks becoming warm and flushed. He sets me down and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck, muffling his laughter. He smells like pine cones, his black hair now shorter than usual, no longer falling past his shoulders.

"Oh no, my eyes are starting to produce liquid," he mutters, making me genuinely laugh after not being able to do so for so long. "God, I can't believe you are finally back! I just have one question."

"What is it?" I ask when I pull back, looking at him endearingly.

"What did you bring me?" He teasingly asks, making me give him a light playful push on the shoulder, his boisterous laughter following my action.

A stream of rapid words in my native language catches my attention, the soft excited voice belonging to none other than my little sister. I quickly ruffle Silas' hair and kiss him sloppily on the cheek a few times before somehow forcing my shaky legs to move. I notice Lilly and Zayn both standing facing away from me, greeting Niall and Harry's father.

Harry, on the other hand, is still busy with giving instructions to his soldiers. I wonder how am I going to explain Harry's behaviour and drastic change to my family. When we first set sail on our journey, he was a sad yet kind prince full of love and hope. Almost three years later, he's an impenetrable shell of that same prince, cold and unapproachable.

I debate running towards Zayn and Lilly, but someone is faster than me, the body being a blur until I realise it's Silas. "Dog boy, I've missed you!"

Niall's head snaps up at the sound, light blue eyes widening in horror upon the realisation who is rushing towards him, but it's too late. He quite literally gets tackled on the ground by Silas, a chorus of laughter surrounding us as we all watch the scene unfold.

"Ugh, get off!" Niall groans underneath him, grimacing in both pain and annoyance.

"It's so nice to know you've missed me as well." Silas grins as he looks down at Niall's grumpy face, holding himself above him.

"Amie!" My sister suddenly calls and the duo on the ground is momentarily forgotten as I rush towards her and Zayn, barely able to see through the tears clouding my vision.