Max

Max's pov-
Cheese ran off to go do something after class so I had to walk alone I wonder what she is doing. When I get to class I sit in my seat next to Ross. "Hey Ross what's up?" I say to him.
"Nothing I feel bad for Shelby."
"Why?"
"Cause she has been getting bullied." He looks down.
"Really!"
"Yeah."
"By who?" I ask.
"No comment."
"Come on Ross."
"She doesn't even know but I do. I caught them pushing her and punching her. I just feel so bad."
"How does she not know?"
"They don't show their faces." Then class started. After about 10 minutes the teacher got a call.
"Ross you need to go to the office."
"Why?" I could see she mouthed 'Shelby' and then he left. Then class goes on and I text Ross after class.

M- hey what happened?
R- Shelby got pushed again. And now she can't walk.
M- omg Ross who is it she is my best friend I don't want people bullying her.
R- I can't tell you you will be heart broken Max now I gtg.
M- ok talk to you later Ross bye.
R- bye max.

I really want to know. And why did he say I would be heart broken? I shrug it off and continue to walk home. When I get home I go to the bathroom and I look at my hair. It has always looked like fire. Which I thought was cool. I go back to my room I find a necklace and a note on my bed. The necklace has a pendant that is shaped like a Z. I pick up the note.

Dear max,
I hear your hair looks like fire. That's perfect. Cause you have been chosen to be a part of the next 8. You will have the power of fire. You are the third strongest of the 8. And you might even have friends in the group. Tomorrow at your sleepover you will have to announce that you were chosen. Then after that say your goodbyes and go to the metal gate in the woods. Once you enter you will be teleported to where you will train and live. Once you put on the necklace you cannot take it off until it is time to pass it on. Now quickly put it on and pack your stuff.
From,
The previous eight

Are you kidding me I'm going to have to leave cheese unless she was chosen. but I can't tell her unless she is at the sleepover. Well better get packing. I pack up all my stuff that I can. It's been 2 hours since I texted Ross. Maybe I should text Shelby.

M- hey Shelby how are ya?
S- good and why?
M- your getting bullied how can I not worry Shelby.
S-oh yeah Ross told me who it was and I was very upset.
M- who was it?
S- I- I can't tell you cause you will be so upset just like I was.
M- come on Shelby it can't be that bad.
S- it is pretty bad max.
M- Shelby!
S- fine it was
M-who
S-cheese.
M- WHAT!
S- that's why we didn't tell you cause if you break up with her she will bully me more.
M- Shelby you are going to the sleepover right?
S- yeah why?
M- don't tell anyone else!
S-ok I won't well I need to head to bed see you tomorrow bye max.
M-bye.

Well time for bed.

That was Max next is Jess.