nine

Its been days.

Weeks.

The two hadnt spoken ever since.

Jungkook thought Lisa didnt care.

But the truth is, the girl's just been busy preparing for their debut.

But even then, she checks her phone every night, and frowns as no new messages came.

Jungkook focused more in practicing. Dances as much as possible, tries to learn how to speak english. Distracting himself from his stupid crush.

But none worked.

Because he finds himself every night, staring at the debut teasers of the girl on his phone, and curses himself for falling for someone he can never have.

Thats when it him him.

He sat up quickly, alarmed with the sudden thoughts rushing to his mind.

It cant be love, right? Its too fast, right?

Right?

He keeps on denying it, and finds himself teary eyed every time he did.

Jungkook met Lalisa in a bus.

A year before their debut.

No seriously.

He went out that night, feeling stressed and just wanted to breathe for a while.

He sat at the very back, and a girl was sitting at the row in front of him.

Her hair was tied up in a bun, wearing a face mask and a black and white flannel. She didnt look special, pretty boring actually. But what Jungkook got interested in is the video that the girl was watching.

It was someone dancing, with the same clothes as the one watching so he figured it was the same person. She was dancing so powerfully graceful, just pure talent right there.

She was dancing to Beyoncè for crying out loud.

The girl noticed and turned her head, and Jungkook jumped away. He's no good with girls, its actually really sad.

"So whatd you think of the dance?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, and he looked down, avoiding the stranger's gaze.

"Are you mute?"

Silence.

"Well my name is Lalisa, nice to meet you. Im sorry if my korean is bad, im still learning."

Nothing.

"Was the dance really that bad?"

He whimpered.

Despite being ignored, Lisa stared in awe at the boy.

He looked like a baby.

A smol fluff ball.

"Well thanks I guess." She said before the bus came into a stop, and she realized that its her time to go.

She waved at the boy before rushing out.

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief.

The day after that YG entertainment uploaded a new video, titled who's that girl?

And the boy realized that it was the girl from yesterday.

And for the first time in his life, he let out a holy shit.

Seokjin smacked him in the head.

That night he sneaked out and went to where the girl was dancing from the video, since he knows the place. And lucky enough, she was there, dancing to a Big Bang song.

Jungkook went up to her after she finished, and handed her a piece of paper.

Can you give me your number?

Jungkook didnt know why he asked that.

During that time he didnt even own a phone yet.

And when Lisa gave it back to him, he ran away quickly. He felt shy. Not just because she's a girl, but because she's taller than him, he didnt want her to think of him as a baby.

Maybe the reason why he couldnt get the girl out of his mind is because she acknowledged him. Nobody did that before. Everyone always looked at him weirdly, thats why he never got to be the social type.

Thats the thing about Jungkook; if you did something, little or big, that affected him in a good away, he'd never forget you. Even if its the most simplest thing like flashing him a small smile, he'd remember your face.

He's a very sentimental kid.

A year after, his manager gave him an old phone. Jungkook stared at it like it was the last slice of pizza in the whole world.

He texted her.

It was ridiculous, what he felt.

Pretty cheesy and hell of a cringe.

But it was real. He's a boy, who happened to like that dancing girl.

They talked. Texted. Became friends. The more they got closer, the more Jungkook realized what he felt. It was absurd, as there wasnt a clear reason why he felt like that, but he knew it was real. It really was.

Jungkook let out a sigh before he wiped his face with a towel and fixed his stuff, preparing to leave the bulding. He insisted on staying late, wanting to practice as if he wasnt good enough already.

He bowed at the security guard before leaving the bulding, shaking his head as he realized that it was rainig. The first thing he saw was a girl who was sitting on the ground, shivering and hugging her knees as if an attempt to warm herself up.

He took a spare coat from his bag and walked closer to the stranger. He tapped her on the shoulder and literally shoved the coat to her face since, ehem, its a girl.

The coat was harshly taken from him, and he frowned. It was soon replaced with a silent gasp though, as the annoyed face of the stranger became visible to him.

"Why'd you have to stay here late, you monkey. Ive been waiting for 3 hours already."

💫

I cant think of a better idea for their first encounter sigh

But for now please enjoy my new fav liskook manip bc its hella cute

And my filipino readers, is there anyone here na pupunta sa hopeland in manila day 1??? If you are tell me!! Im going and I need friends lmao

And my filipino readers, is there anyone here na pupunta sa hopeland in manila day 1??? If you are tell me!! Im going and I need friends lmao. Im nice, i may not look like it, but i am 😂