twenty one

Infatuation. Love.
How would you differentiate the two?

That question was asked when Bangtan was on a radio interview. It was sent by a fan, directed at everyone.

But those two's answer stood out.

"For me, personally, infatuation is something unique, but something that you would know. Something easy to distinguish, something that feels heavy and quick. Like an adrenaline rush. While love is the opposite. Love is something heavy, but lightweight too at the same time. It feels like explosions and sweetness, something nobody can ruin and you know it. Compared to infatuation, the feeling of love feels permanent and lasting. You know what I mean? Infatuation can be deep, but God knows nothing can be deeper than being in love. Not even the ocean."

"Infatuation focuses more on personal appearances, while love sees beyond that. Infatuation is thinking that somebody's perfect, but love is realizing that theyre not and it doesnt matter. Infatuation is something, but love is that thing. Something like that. Infatuation is just one thing. While love is a whole.... lot more than that."

Almost similar answers, right? Can you guess who said which?

But you know what's more similar? The one on their minds when they uttered those words.

"Can you tell me more about Jeongguk?"

Lisa was pulled down to the floor by Chaeng.

"First things first," Lisa said. "Dont call him that."

Chaeng nodded absentmindedly.

"Well," Lisa scratched the back of her neck. "He's really talkative. You wouldnt know, cause he seems shy at first but when you get to know him, he's the most energetic person. He's pretty witty too, knows how to be rude but funny at the same time. He's just a genuinely nice person to be around with, you'll never feel bored or unattended."

Chaeng nodded expectedly.

"He's also really sweet," the younger said. "He knows how to calm you down. Knows the words you need when youre feeling blue. Would take the time to get to know you, always seem interested and would always listen whenever and whatever the topic is. You would always.... feel loved and appreciated. Speaking of appreciation, the littlest of things matter to him and its the cutest, most emotionally satisfying thing in the world."

"And?"

"He can be a child. Would demand your attention and all. He's really affectionate and thoughtful, willing to exert total effort and energy for you. Anything for you. And that look on his eyes would always make you feel good about yourself. He's a special person, capable in making anybody feel special too."

Who wouldve thought, that all it would take for Lisa's mind to start picking up the hints and little (lets be honest here, gigantic is the right word) things about the treatment she receives from Jungkook is to verbally talk about the guy?

It was about damn time for her mind to start working and to process all those things, especially the ones she just said, because it really was ridiculous how long it took her to even remotely consider it.

But of course, being Lisa, contradictions are always present.

It will never be like that. Stop it. Dont even think about it, unless you wanna get hurt again.

💫

yooo ive got liskook, taelice, yoonie, and taeliskook fics on the way lmao its pretty sad

thank you to the ones who always comment 💜 ik i dont reply, sorry bout that, but do know that it makes my day esp the ones saying how they love this story (why though akdnkdm)

possibly like 5-6 chapters left?