twenty two

"You have to pinky promise."

"Ugh, seriously?"

"Come on!"

"Okay. Just for you."

Lisa smiled widely, eyes full of joy and contentment. They were by the river, the temperature sickenly cold and even though their layers of clothing didnt do anything, it didnt matter.

What mattered was they were there, together, happy.

If only that moment lasted a little longer, things couldve changed. Maybe the girl wouldve gathered enough courage to speak her thoughts if their moment was extended.

Maybe.

"We might debut next year," Lisa told. "The six of us. I mean I hope, im beginning to lose hope already."

"Aish," the man clicked his tongue. "Dont say that. Who even are you? The lisa I know wouldnt even think about that."

Lisa just chuckled, and hugged herself in an attempt to warm up. What she didnt expect was to feel a pair of arms wrap around her, and when she turned to look, the guy just had an unbothered look on his face. As if it was normal.

"Dont say anything, this is a win-win situation." He said, not looking at Lisa. "Im cold, youre cold, we could warm each other up. Just go with it."

Lisa turned her head to look ahead again. Her heart was beating fast, and she prayed that the guy next to him wouldnt hear it.