seventeen

say the name

"Are you free tomorrow kookie? Can you meet me at that basement restaurant? The one I showed you."

Jungkook was breathing heavily when he answered the phone. He was doing a choreo that his Hoseok-hyung showed him, trying to perfect it but took a break since his phone played the ringtone.

"W-what?"

"You heard meee," the girl whined from the other line. "So what do you sayyy?"

Jungkook then dropped to the ground and laid on his back, reaching for his backpack and setting it behind his head as a pillow.

"I can sneak out."

Lisa huffed, "Thats bad. You dont have to, we can meet some other time."

Jungkook smiled, "No, its okay, I was planning to anyways. Been stressed out a lot lately, I need to get out of this place for a while."

Lisa frowned, guilt starting to bubble up inside her.

What if he gets mad or more stressed out when he finds out that I set him up on a date with chaeng? She thought, thinking twice about her plan.

"Have you been getting enough rest lately?" She changed the topic instead.

"Sometimes?"

"Why do you sound unsure?"

"Because im not sure."

"Jungkookie."

"I mean, we have a lot planned for the future so we've been doing a lot of photoshoots and videos and practices. I take naps in between rides though so its cool."

Lisa pouted, "But you still call me every night. And I had no idea since you always sound cheerful."

The boy chuckled and closed his eyes, feeling satisfied with the moment.

"I guess I just really like talking to you."

Lisa thought that it was normal to happen even if its just friends, but she got butterflies, something that never happened to her before. Well, from guys.

I mean, you cant possibly develop feelings for your best friend right?

Right?

Well, thats Lisa logic for you.

She never really thought about it until Chaeyoung got mad at her a few days ago, since she was puzzled about why she feels uneasy about her member liking Jungkook. But of course, the conclusion she came up with is that she's only scared about Jungkook forgetting about their friendship. Thats just it.

"Dont call me later." Jungkook frowned when he heard that, opening his eyes.

"I mean, just rest okay? You need it. You need to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow night instead."

Jungkook smiled again.

"Okay then."

He heard distant laughter outside the practice room and his smile disappeared once again.