thirteen

"Lalice~"

"Hm?" Lisa hummed, not bothering to look up from her notebook.

"Hanbin told me to tell you to visit him in his studio. He wants to play you a song or something."

Lisa just hummed again, genuinely focused with the song she was trying to finish.

"What are you even doing?"

Jennie sat beside Lisa, looking at the notebook on the younger's lap.

"What is that?"

"A song."

"Oohh, what about?"

"I dont know," Lisa shrugged. "Words just started to flow out of my mind and my hand just instantly wrote them down."

"Is it finished? I wanna hear it!"

Lisa chuckled, closing the notebook which made the older pout, and stood up.

"Ill go to BI now, see you later."

That was weird, Jennie thought. Why isnt she hyper? She looks sad.

Lisa knocked on the see-through door, and waved when Hanbin turned around. It was locked, so the guy had to stand up to open it and greeted Lisa with his signature smile.

"You wanted to see me?"

Lisa sat down on the chair beside the one Hanbin was previously sitting on.
She looked at the guy expectedly, but when she saw him frown, she questioned him.

"Well you seem down," Hanbin said. "Is something wrong?"

Lisa tried, she really did, but she felt tears at the back of her eyes and soon they fell. She turned the swivel chair around to avoid the other's gaze. She felt like running away.

"Woah, Lisa, what happened?"

Hanbin was in front of her now, on his knees. He tried to pry the girl's hands from her face but it was no use. She was sobbing now, and he didnt know what to do.

He just asked what's wrong and youre already breaking down? Whats wrong with you?

Lisa thought that if there would be a someone who would see her cry, it would be one of her members. Not just some guy.

But then again, Hanbin is not just some guy.

This is the first time she cried in front of someone, and she hated the feeling.

"Hey, hey," The guy said as softly as he could. "Tell me whats wrong."

Slowly, she removed her hands from her face and Hanbin instantly held it with both his hands, caressing it with his thumbs.

"I..." Lisa started to cough, "Was reading comments from instagram and youtube."

"What about them?"

"They... t-they were v-very mean."

Hanbin's heart ached at the sight of the girl, looking totally defeated and hurt. He pulled her closer, to the point that they wer both on the floor with his hands around her and her face on his chest.

"T-they said Blackp-pink was better off without m-me," She cried. "S-said that I should just go back to t-thailand, that I-i dont belong here. Said that a-another trainee should j-just replace me."

Lisa was a stuttering mess and Hanbin was just shushing her, not bothering to whisper things such as its gonna be okay since he knows its not gonna work. Its not okay.

Lisa may look like the most cheerful and the silliest girl from YG, but when she's all alone, she's the most sensitive and insecure person. She appears the most badass, the most confident on stage and on shows but its different off-cam.

She's super caring and such a fun person to be around with, and Hanbin currently feels like punching all the people who thinks that bringing down others is such a fun thing to do. Because even though theyre idols, popular and all, that doesnt make them less of a person. Less of a human. At the end of the day, they have feelings too and they get hurt, just like everybody else in this goddamn universe.

"Lisa," Hanbin started, thinking carefully about what he's going to say. "I dont know if this would help, but those people, theyre just jealous. Jealous that youre getting the most attention so theyre spitting lies to make themselves feel better. Youre getting compliments that they would never hear about themselves so they put you down for it. Its effed up, I know, but please dont let it get to your head, since those people dont matter. You have lots of adoring fans around the world, you have the talent other people could just dream about having, you have the purest heart, you have us; YG, your members. And most especially, youre Lalisa Manoban. And thats what theyre jealous about, so you have to continue being you so you can piss them off more until they just get tired and give up since theyre not going anywhere with what they do. So chin up, okay? You dont have to please everyone."

Lisa slowly calmed down, and she looked up slowly, meeting Hanbin's eyes.

She sniffed, "Youre cheesy."

Hanbin just laughed and helped Lisa up even though he'd rather stay like that with her.

Lisa is like a little sister. Theyre close, along with Bobby. And theyre like the three musketeers. Thats why it hurts, because Lisa is like family, and it pains him to see her so fragile. So hurt.

"Well," Lisa grinned, and even though its not full yet, there was a glint of the usual hope in her eyes, making Hanbin's heart happy because he somehow brought it back. "Why did you want me to come here?"

💫

moral of the chapter: IDOLS ARE HUMANS TOO AND IF YOU THINK THAT HATING ON OTHER PEOPLE IS FUN, THEN YOURE A FUCKED UP PERSON THAT NEEDS TO GO DIE IN A HOLE (teen wolf reference aye)