3

three

I ended up giving Harry my number, not because I felt bad or anything but just because this is the closest thing I've gotten to a friendship. A little part of me wondered whether he was interested in me, but then i looked into the mirror and realised the chance of that being a reality is quite low.

It's been a day since I gave it out, and he hadn't texted me nor have I seen him at all. It was Wendsday afternoon, and i just got home after taking my usual coffee route. My school wasn't too far away so I usually took some form of public transit home.

"Hey, Junior" I nudged my not so baby brother. He was in his lacrosse uniform with a big duffel bag by his side. I'm assuming he just got home. But what even is "
Lacrosse honestly?

"Hey, B." He greeted me, his voice so much lower than I remembered it. We never really lived together, he was born after our parents split up. So my mother had custody of him, and my dad had custody of me. We'd see eachother sometimes, maybe he'd spend some winters with me. But he'd lived in England basically his entire life. "How was school?" I asked, kicking my shoes off to the side and running to the kitchen. I poured myself a bowl of tortilla chips, with a couple tablespoons of spinach dip.

"It was good, the guys wanna make me captain. About fucking time!" He exclaimed and I pinched his ear. "Watch your mouth, you're 10." I pointed my finger at him and he smacked it away.

"I'm 14, don't you have some shirtless white guys to stare at?" He asked and I just chuckled, crunching a chip between my teeth. "I do— a matter of fact." I smirked a him, jogging up my stairs and back into my room.

I was still in the process of changing a few things around. Of course this is the exact same house I lived in before my parents split up. None of the furniture had changed, except for my bed. The room was still a bright shade of pink, and my Dora curtains were still installed. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't had any friends over.

I removed my bra and tight jeans, and exchanged them for some spandex shorts before lying back down on my bed. Immediately, my phone buzzed. I turned the screen to face me only to see it was a text?

UNKNOWN NUMBER
519-378-2239:
hey. its harry.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
519-378-2239:
you know? that super annoying white guy

I laughed at his humour, and hastily texted a reply back.

brooklyn💕🌸:
i remember you lol

(that's her name in his phone so like)

I cringed at my use of text speech.

harry:
how's it going

brooklyn💕🌸:
honestly

brooklyn💕🌸:
a little lonely

harry:
yeah i feel that

harry:
it's a really small town people don't really know much out of here

brooklyn💕🌸:
it's driving me insane

harry:
im used to it by now lol

brooklyn💕🌸:
that's what nc is like huh

harry:
fuck man it's 10x worst

harry:
republican republican republican

harry:
everyone's racist, homophobic

brooklyn💕🌸:
it's not much better here

harry:
it's not much better there

harry:
here there's people like you

brooklyn💕🌸:
black?

harry:
beautiful.