24

twenty-four

brooklyn

I would have never stood for something like this and I never will, I would've brought it up the minute I got off the phone with Samantha but I couldn't. I was trapped in a metal box with Harry for an hour. His stupid jokes, and his stupid smile, and his stupid hand running up and down my thigh for one hour and arguing with him, when he has my life in his hands isn't my goal.

I bit my tongue again, feeling. deep weight in my stomach, drop when he touched me. I felt disgusted to say the least. I felt my skin burn with every squeeze.

He had a girlfriend all this time.

When he kissed me, he had a girlfriend.

When he asked me on a date, he had a girlfriend.

When he told me he liked me, he had a girlfriend.

When he took my virginity, he had a fucking girlfriend.

I wanted to chop his dick off to be quite honest. Not to mention- she's pregnant, probably with his kid.

I felt so incredibly angry. But Harry was my only friend, we've been practically dating for the last two months and I still have to come back tomorrow to help him finish up the house, but I might stab him. I just might.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah, I'm great. I'm just tired.." I said, trying to smile. If he suspected anything more I knew we'd have to speak again. "Oh, what did my Nana say?" He asked and I shrugged. "It wasn't her," I said between gritted teeth.

"Who was it?"

"Basement flooring people." I lied and he nodded, mumbling an 'oh.' I pressed my head against the window and crossed my arms, closing my eyes, just praying I'd be there soon.

The next day painting was awkward, I didn't make much effort to talk and I painted fast and recklessly so it would be over as soon as possible. Before I knew it, we had finished our job there and Harry drove me home, and I just studied the rest of Sunday afternoon.

The sound of my alarm clock emitted through my silent bedroom. I sat up in my bed, no light coming through my blinds. It looked like it was still 11 at night. I hate winter.

I stood up from my warm bed, immediately growing goosebumps all over my body. I slipped some leggings over my chilled leggings, and slid roots sweatpants over my first layer. I just put a big sweatshirt over my body, not even bothering to put on a bra.

The immediate anger of finding out about Harry's girlfriend faded into hurt of recent. I felt kind of empty, and stupid. There was no point in calling him out on cheating, other than the obvious satisfaction. He took my virginity, my time, my trust, my thoughts, my tears. Of course I wanted to hurt him back but there's no point.

I stuck my feet in some adidas slides on top of my layered roots socks, and swung my backpack over my shoulder before I left the warm comfort of my home in minutes. My eyes stayed glued to the bleak grey sidewalk, obviously I forgot my headphones so I was alone with my thoughts and the sounds of my neighbourhood.

"Hey! Brooklyn!" A voice shouted, I whipped my head around only to see my neighbour Derek jogging out from his house. I stopped in my tracks, handing him a small smile.

"Hi," I mumbled as he caught up to me. Soon enough we began to walk again. "I haven't seen you in a little." He chuckled, burying his brown hands in his coat. I hummed in agreement. I couldn't help but notice his backpack, strapped onto him.

"Where are you going?" I asked and he just laughed.

"The same place you are, i started Wexford like a week ago." He said and I shook my head. "Right, sorry. How is it, do you like it?" I asked, glancing up at the cold boy. His lips churned into a smile, "of course I don't, it's an all boy school!" He exclaimed, as it was the worst thing in the world. "I can't go three years without seeing any ass!"

Seems to be a recurring issue. Harry can't go one.

I just rolled my eyes, trying to chuckle but it just came out as a scoff. Derek noticed my annoyance and frowned. "So, how've you been?" He asked.

"Not the greatest," I told him and he frowned again. "Why? Is it something to do with your little boo thing?" He said, nudging my shoulder and I shook my head.

"No- well, yeah. How do you know about-"

"About Harry? He used to live down here until his parents got divorced then he moved to Carolina, he went to Wexford actually. Yeah, just note that he isn't the best guy when it comes to relationships," Derek explained. My lips gaped open, unable to even identify the emotions I was feeling.

I heard the familiar sound of the first bell, and looked up to see i still had to cross the entire parking lot. At this point I couldn't care less about being late. Derek was waiting for the bus that was speeding towards us.

"Thanks for the company," he said and I just smiled, before crossing over.

____________________

SORRY FOR THIS SHITTY ASS CHAPTER BUT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 4K WTF

AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IM GONNA START WEEKLY UPDATES, SO I'LL TRY TO UPDATE EVERY WEDNESDAY SO NO CHAPTERS ARE RUSHED AND PEOPLE CAN KEEP UP BC SOMETIMES I UPDATE LIKE 6 TIMES A WEEK AND THEY ALL FLOP BC PEOPLE FALL BEHIND SO SMEHAVWHWHA YEAH THANKS