47

forgot it was wednesday again lol kms sorry for the late update friends

forty-seven

harry

Days past since I last talked to Sam and I've been actively avoiding her. She'd texted me close to 3 times since the party and I've ignored each one, honestly because I didn't want to tell her I had a girlfriend. She obviously was very much still interested and rejecting her was going to be so incredibly awkward and uncomfortable and I didn't want to deal with it. Ironically, the same thing was happening with Brooklyn. She wasn't picking up my phone calls or answering my texts. I know TJ's surgery was a couple days ago and part of me wondered if something went wrong and that's why she hadn't been talking to me.

"C..A..T.. Cat!"Ashton shouted, leaning over the table to put his pieces on the scrabble board. I laughed patting his head. "Good job, Ash," He smiled. We were playing a very unfair game of scrabble— Ashton and I against Amber and Gemma.

I then watched with wide eyes as Amber laid out the word RAVENOUS on the board, earning Gemma and herself 48 points. "Thanks for including me, guys" Christian said dryly, walking into the kitchen and Amber laughed, "You wake up at 3 everyday, what do you expect?" She said and Christian rolled his eyes.

"Come play on our team!" Beamed Ashton and Christian laughed, "it's alright, buddy." He said pouring milk into his cornflake full bowl. "Who's winning?" He asked with his mouth full, "Harry's team.. obviously." Gemma said sarcastically and I playfully rolled my eyes at her. "I'm gonna take a bathroom break," I announced and shuffled out of the kitchen and up the creaky stairs. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I swiftly pulled it out, only to see an unknown number but it was clear it was from the UK.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Harry, it's em.. it's Derek."

"Why?" I said, not even attempting to be discreet about my annoyance. "I just feel bad about what I said the other week and I just wanted to apologize. I was in the wrong, I shouldn't have gotten involved, my bad mate." He said and I shrugged although he couldn't see me. "It's fine. Hey, while you live 6 steps away from my girlfriend, wish her a happy birthday tomorrow, she won't pick up my calls."

Derek laughed. "We're not on great speaking terms right now."

"What happened?"

"Eh, I don't wanna get into it-"

"Is TJ okay?"

"Last I heard, yeah. Listen, mate, I gotta go. I'll try and get Brooklyn to call you back next time I see her."

"Wait-"

He hung up.

Frustrated, I just sighed and decided to drop it but as if on cue a knock sounded on the door, then it opened, then Ashton screamed, "Sammy!"

"Fuck." I cursed a little too loud, throwing my head back. Why today God? Why? I knew I couldn't stay upstairs forever because she was eventually gonna ask for me, but I'd rather tell her that I'm not interested in private than infront of my entire family. So, I decided to finish pissing and come downstairs and to my surprise Sam was nowhere to be seen but a now brunette Clay sat on the couch. Clay was the guy who was supposedly dating Samantha after we broke up and the boy who was thought to have given her the pregnancy scare. Clay and I had spoken like twice in freshman year but Christian was best friends with him.

"Harry! You're back!" He exclaimed to my surprise, I chuckled uncomfortably, "Yeah." I said walking over to the couch. "How's England?"

"It's.. good.. I guess."

"Yeah? The school full of snobs, huh?"

"Yeah a little," I laughed and he nodded. I took a seat on the maroon single seat next to the long couch he was sat on. "You seen Sam yet? She's been dying to catch up with you." Clay commented mindlessly, scrolling on Instagram with his legs spread wide open.

"Yeah I saw her at the party thing."

"Yeah, sorry I couldn't make it that night, honest to God i was gonna come with her I just had to work."

"...Wait, are you and Sam still dating..?" I asked slowly, he shoved a handful of potato chips from a bowl infront of him in his mouth.

"I hope so," he laughed, "Hey, thanks for helping her out with that whole pregnancy mess. It sucks that she didn't think she could come to me first, you know."

"Yeah.. don't take it personally, she just didn't wanna loose you. Good thing it was just a scare." I laughed, Clay scoffed.

"Scare? We got an abortion."

"Wh-"

"Clay! Let's go man!" Christian shouted, jogging from downstairs now dressed and slightly better groomed. Clay clapped, hopping off the couch.

"Nice talking to you man," he nodded, slapping my arm and jogging after Christian.