31

10,000 READS BEHWHWHAVWBS IS THIS A FUCKIWNWH JOKEEEEEEE

I DONT DESERVE THIS WTF I STARTED THIS BOOK IN JULY BASICALLY ITS ONLY BEEN 5 MONTHS OH MY GOD

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

ENJOY YOUR BONUS CHAPTER. ALL THE LOVE XX

[also p.s. all you lucky bitches who live in the uk of you could screen record the harry styles at bbc special and post it on youtube that would be very nice since it's only available in the uk mmkayy thanks]

thirty-one

brooklyn

We sat in an uncomfortable silence, the radio playing at a volume just low enough that it wasn't too silent. This time, I didn't have to sneak out. It was my mother's 3rd time meeting Harry— the morning after the party, two days ago at the meeting thing, and just now. She thanked him for defending me and offered him dinner while I just stood, silent. The past few hours I couldn't get myself to think about this situation, and what I was gonna do. But I knew once I stood infront of him, whatever verdict I had decided upon would change in an instant.

"You're quiet." Harry said, looking over at me briefly. I just chuckled. "I'm just thinking," I responded and he hummed. "You know what this reminds me of?" He asked, "our first date." He answered. I just nodded. "You were so closed off and just this small little personality and after that night everything changed." He said and I just smiled.

"Did you like that side of me?" I asked, which took him by surprise. "Not really, you were holding yourself back, and I didn't like that." Harry said and I nodded. We curved down the familiar dirt rode and began driving up the hill, obviously it was 30x colder than it was last time we were here, and this time i was properly prepared. About 10 minutes later we had driven through as much terrain as we could, and we needed to walk.

I got out of the car, shoving my glove covered hands deep in my jacket, as Harry did the same in his. We began to walk and the sound of dry leaves crunching beneath us soon became filling our silence.

Harry chuckled, looking over at me. "You're wearing my beanie," he pointed to the green beanie I had on my head, I just smiled at him, not knowing what else to say. "Brooklyn, I don't want things to be different.... between us." Harry sighed as we continued to walk. I just nodded, "hate to be this guy- but I didn't do anything wrong. It all just ended so fast and I just wasn't.. I wasn't-"

"Ready?" I answered.

"Yeah, I wasn't ready either, Harry. I really liked you. I really did and I thought that you'd be the one guy, the one guy that actually works out. Then I find out that your girlfriend is pregnant, literally right after we fuck for the first time.... I know you didn't do anything wrong, I get that, it's just- it's hard for me to just forget about that, you know?" I sigh. Finally reaching the edge of the cliff, looking over at the moon dancing over the lake. I collapsed onto the ground in a cross-legged position and Harry did also, not breaking eye contact with me.

I feel tears dripping from my eyes and I couldn't help but let out the a squeak for a sob as I looked down at my cold legs. Harry's eyes shot up to me, "Hey. Don't cry, don't- Brooklyn," he leaned over, wiping my tear with the pad of his mitten cover thumb. "I feel so dumb," I scoffed and he shook his head. "Don't say that." He said, his eyes still searching my face, full of concern. He swiped his thumb against my numb check, that's when I looked at him. His lips pale from the cold and his skin was just as pale littered with little tiny freckles. His eyebrows knitted together in concentration, and his light brown eyelashes just reflecting into his dark green eyes.

I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him so badly and this isn't a situation where I wait for him to kiss me because I know for a fact he isn't gonna do it. This is all on me. Either I kiss him or I don't.. and I did.

Our lips moved together once again for the first time in what felt like forever. I felt the ache in my chest fill more and more as each second past, and that is a feeling I'll never forget.

It was all so perfect— until Harry pulled away. He stared at me in awe, and I bit my lip in guilt. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, that wasn't fair. I just-" he cut me off by attaching his lips to mine again. I smiled, bringing the hand in my lap up to his warm cheek as his hand rested on my lower back. The feeling resuming of my chest being filled again. We kissed for what felt like a blink but lasted for atleast a few seconds , eventually Harry pulled away.

"I missed you." I said to him, his eyes lit up as he looked down at me, resting my head on rising his chest. His arm wrapped around me, "I missed you too."