49

forty-nine

brooklyn

MARCH 24
5:03 PM

MARCH 24 5:03 PM

The warm sun shot through the windshield of Harry's car, I wondered if he could feel it himself but that was a stupid question because he had his little blinder thingy down

The warm sun shot through the windshield of Harry's car, I wondered if he could feel it himself but that was a stupid question because he had his little blinder thingy down. Regardless, I stuck my hand through the open window feeling the unseasonably warm England air hit every inch of my palm. I let my eyelids shut and the sun's rays bathe my face completely, Harry's hand tightly interlaced in mine as he squeezed it to the beat of the stereo.

This had to be the best feeling in the world. I thought to myself. Nothing could possibly compare to this.

Minutes later, the car slowed to a stop on the top of some sort of hill. The hill looked over a bunch of what I wanted to say was corn fields. The sun was also setting steadily, the bright blue sky was now slowly being painted by pinks and reds. Harry's green eyes gazed over his plaid shoulder smiling and cocking his head towards the car door, signalling it was time to get out. I nodded, opening the passenger seat door and walking around his new, old truck. It was passed down to him after his uncle left to move to the States. It was Harry's until the summer and then his grandmother was going to sell it.

To come around, Harry was already stood up in the back of his truck. "Need a hand?" He chuckled watching as my brown eyes scanned the vehicle for anything to pull me up. "Yeah," I chuckled and he nodded, offering me his tan hand and pulling me up by my arm.

I bent over and pulled the plaid blanket out of the picnic... backpack? And laid it over the cargo bed as Harry removed the food we had prepared. Which was two sandwiches, a bottle of cheap wine, and a couple bags of crisps.

"Mmm, wine and solo cups. A classy combo." I joked and he giggled, handing me a cup and poring the drink for me.

"Look at the sky," he said and my head immediately shot up. It was beautiful, the whole blue was replaced with a light pink and swirls of purple and red were evident too. "Sometimes I feel like sunsets are God's gift to us." I said, biting into the turkey sandwich. Harry laughed softly.

"Sometimes I feel like you're God's gift to me." He said and I felt my body heat up quickly. Why is he so fucking cute all the time?

"I wanna know how you find all these places." I said, swallowing the lump of bread and cheese. "What do you mean?" Harry asked through a mouth full of sandwich.

"All these cool getaway spots."

He shrugged, "Just comes with being cool, you know." He said licking his lips and I chuckled.

"Okay," I said, my eyes bulged.

"All the hot, British, white guys who wear beanies when it's 20 degrees out, need a getaway every once and again. It's not easy being so good looking... and talented... and dateable.. you know?" He said and I laughed, nudging his shoulder.

"Shut up," I scoffed, and he held in a grin.

"Should we play some music?"

"Why'd we need music when we got my mouth?" Harry said back and I almost choked. "No, that's quite alright there—"

"Through drought and famine.." he started off, "Natural disaster..."

lol let's just pretend this song existed in 2014

I vigorously shook my head, covering his mouth with my index finger while unlocking my phone with my other hand. I opened my music app, and clicked on 'Get You,' immediately turning the volume all the way up.

Harry pouted and I chuckled, squeezing his cheeks and placing a peck on his lips.

"We do this too much, the readers will get bored."

Harry cracked a smile, leaning back in for another kiss, this one being just a little sweeter than the last.

____________________

hii

so i decided to do a time skip i hope that's not offensive i just feel like this book is getting too long so i just wanna speed things up

thank you guys so much for all the support i can't believe we're literally 500 reads away from 30k

after i post this we'll probably hit 30K so tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE BSSHSJWIWIAIAIE

alright

bye