14

fourteen

brooklyn

that night i fell asleep in harrys bed. It's not something im proud of, of course I had so many other questions and I knew I shouldn't have done it and I should've forced him to take me home. It was so late and I was so tired and in pain and he was so warm and I just couldn't leave.

Of course late November in England is like mid-January without snow. Just completely dry, and dry cold is the worst cold. My phone buzzed on Harry's night stand and I reached over him to pick it up, we were entangled together like strings.

"Hello?" I whispered, sitting up so I was sitting cross legged facing the wall. "B-Brooklyn? Brooklyn! It's.. its, uh, Reece. I was just calling to make sure you're okay."

"How'd you get my number?" I asked.

"Uh.. TJ gave it to me.."

"Junior? My brother? Where are you!" I asked, my voice beginning to raise and I could hear Harry start to stir awake from his sleep. "I dropped by your house and your brother was sitting on the porch. But I left, he went to a lacrosse game."

"Fuck you, Reece. I know what happened last night. You left me.. I could've gotten killed! Or raped! You just ran!" I scream-whispered into the phone.

"Baby-"

"Don't fucking call me that, you're 20 years old it's disgusting. Don't ever try to contact me again." I whispered before hanging up the phone and I immediately felt tears pricking my eyes. I tried to hold them back but they fell, they fell and sobs started rushing through my mouth and no matter how hard I clutched it they still escaped.

I felt Harry's hand running up my back. "Brooklyn? What's wrong?" He said, clutching my waist and pulling me back down next to him. I shook my head trying to stop the tears. He wiped them with the pad of his thumb. "Nothing, I was just... god, I'm such a pussy- I was just talking to Reece. And, I don't know, I got upset." I shrugged and Harry frowned.

"Are you and Reece.. dating.. or something?" Harry spoke, his voice raspy from his first words of the day. We were so close together I could hear every crack and crumble, and see every detail of his face. I'm assuming he could do the same, which isn't good because I must look like a mess.

"No. He's Ms. Michaels creepy 20 year old nephew." I chuckled and Harry laughed, sighing in relief. "W-Why are you asking?" I furrowed my eyebrows together, I saw his shoulders move in a shitty attempt of shrug. "I don't know.. I guess if you were together, I wouldn't get to do this.." he said before he leaned into kiss me.

I don't know why I didn't pull away. It scared me how quickly I forgave Harry, how whenever he hurt me he could say some magic words, touch me and everything would be okay. I didn't want to be weak.

Our lips moved together, and I soon felt his hands pushing me to climb on top of him. Which I did. It's only then I realized he was shirtless. Speaking of which, I really fucking hope Junior didn't tell my mom I didn't sleep in last night. Don't know why that was related to being shirtless but oh well.

Harry's hands tugged on my t-shirt, well his, and I smiled. I sat up pulling it off myself because I know it would take a while for him to do it. It was only then I noticed the bandages around my ribs, I leaned in for another kiss but Harry pulled away. He pressed his hand around my ribs and I looked down at him, confused.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me and I shook my head, a few braids falling into my face from the poorly constructed pony tail Harry put my hair in." You are a special case, Styles." I chuckled and he just looked at me, also confused.

"How many teenage boys, would end all of their friendships, to pick up an unconscious black girls body and drive her to your house. Then, take care of her through her screaming at you and now stop a make out to ask an injured girl how she's feeling. Not a lot of guys would do that, Harry." I said looking down at the gorgeous boy.

"When you grow up watching your own father beat the shit out of every woman he encountered, you learn how to appreciate them a little more." Harry dry chuckled, blinking up at the ceiling. My breath hitched, immediately feeling guilty for even bringing up the subject.

"I-I didn't mean it in a bad way. Being kind doesn't make you weird at all, it's a really good thing Harry-"

"I know, Brooklyn. It didn't offend me. Come on, let's get you home." Harry smiled, gently helping me off him and standing me up. I slipped my shirt back on, and made my way into his bathroom.

I rinsed the streaks of makeup and blood off my face, trying to avoid the bandages. I watched in the mirror as Harry threw on a red floral button up, and swapped his grey sweatpants for black skinny jeans.

He ran a flathead brush through his floppy brown locks.
I guess I was falling for this bitch. "Are you gonna stare at me all day?" He laughed, his dimples poking out on either side of his face. I looked down embarrassed immediately. He laughed again, this time audibly and took my hand walking me out of his bedroom and into his house. Of course I didn't remember it from last night, but it was sure beautiful. Really big and everything was white, not to mention there were plants everywhere.

"Wait, if you live in North Carolina.. then who's house is this?" I asked.

"My grandmother, don't worry she's the sweetest little thing. Nana!" He called, my heart began beating the fastest it's ever had.

"No, no.. Harry I can't meet your grandma, I look like shit!" I whispered as he forced me down the wooden stair case as I shook my head vigorously.

"In here, baby!" An older voice called from what I assumed was the living room. Fuck. She looked atleast 70, had big green eyes and impressively white teeth with big dimples. Looked exactly like Harry, I could only imagine how beautiful his mother must be.

"Nana, this is my... this is Brooklyn." He gestured me. His Grandma stood up smiling extremely wide and shaking my hand. "Awe, nice to meet you sweetie! You're so pretty." She smiled nudging Harry a little and I just giggled.

"What happened here" she touched the bandaid on my forehead. "Oh, I fell while riding my bike." I shrugged and she pouted. "Aww. Well you can call me Nana, baby, are you hungry? I can make you two some breakfast-"

"It's okay Nana, I need to get her home. I'll be back soon, bye." Harry waved walking me out.

"Bye Harry, Bye Brooklyn!" She waved from the doorway and i smiled looking back and waving.

"She's sweet." I mentioned to Harry once we were seated in his car. He just smiled. "The only family I have that I have absolutely no problem with."