Chapter 21: Wang

It was that time of the year again where major families gathered for the Spring Competition. I had left with Uncle Zedong and grandfather 3 weeks prior to the start of the competition. Because the Fa Port had been doing very well and I had been working there nonstop, grandfather wanted me to take more time off to enjoy myself - so we head toward the major city province several weeks early.

I was walking down the busy street. When I saw a plum candy stand, I bought one to enjoy. I barely took one bite when a sight disturbed me. Off in a distant, a girl wearing white veil with two pretty maids at her side. The 2 maids were looking nervously at the group of 6 young men surrounding them while holding onto their mistress arms. The girls were obviously being harassed.

But what troubled me even more was that one of the guys was a cousin from the Zhou Family. He had been third uncle eldest son. I never thought there would be a day where I witness a blood relative acting so improper in front of a young lady. He even went as far as ripping off her veil, revealing her beautiful face.

"Zhou Guan!" I rushed over and blocked my supposed cousin from touching the girl face.

"What is this?" One of the guys was surprised when I called out Zhou Guan name . "You know who this is, Guan?"

"Hmph, a traitor of the Zhou family" He glared at me. "Don't get into someone else business"

"Zhou Guan, has the Zhou family fallen so much that one of the sons is out messing with honorable young ladies?"

His face darkened at my words. I didn't care that I offended him or not. Usually I would steer clear of the Zhou family since I was aware that I would not be well received. I have chose to live with my grandfather instead their Heir puppet to control.

"Who are you to speak to me that way?" Zhou Guan scowled. "You're only a dog to the Fa's"

I saw his fist lifted and mercilessly aimed at my face. Instantly, my body reacted and I stepped back, pushing the girls away from his fist the same time my leg kicked up and back, deflecting his fist away.

"You dare fight me!" Zhou Guan was humiliated as he hold onto the fist I just kicked back.

"Zhou Guan, leave with your friends" I warned him. "You're not in the Qin Province. If you're caught ruining a noble young lady reputation, you will have to pay for the consequences"

"Shut up" Zhou Guan shouted back and stepped forward with his gang of friends. "Get that bitch for me"

I sighed softly at the audacity Zhou Guan. We were out in public. For a young master from a reputable family to act like hooligans, I have to wonder why I never saw this before. Was this how third uncle taught his children?

"Go, quickly" I whispered to the girls behind me.

I had prepare to defend myself when we were suddenly surrounded soldiers. I wasn't sure how they appeared, but out of no where, appeared 4 dozen men - all in armors and swords. Zhou Guan and his friends were so startled, some of them tripped over themselves in horror.

"Feng-ge" The girl behind me called out with what I could hear a relief and happy voice.

The crowd - along with the large group of soldiers immediately parted ways for a tall man wearing all black with his long jet back hair held up in a ponytail with an onyx stone stick. His robe had an emblem of a silver tiger while the black slash around his waist had a single onyx and jade pendant with a single character "Wang".

My heart stopped as I saw his dark eyes - so dark they look like midnight blue under the sunlight. His jaw, cheeks, and nose looked like they were carved by God's hand. Like the beautiful girl, his skin was pale and smooth - which was strange because I was willing to bet that he spend most of his time out in the sun. As he walks forward, people could see 8 more deadly looking men all in solid black robe following behind him like shadows. When he reached us, his eyes coldly scan the crowd - no one reflection could be seen reflected in those cold eyes. Then those unreadable eyes stopped at Zhou Guan and his gang. Anyone could see the fear radiating of Zhou Guan and his friends. Ironically, the man was their age - just 18, but unlike Zhou Guan, his aura was a million time more intense. Zhou Guan wasn't the only one trembling in fear. I was as well - for reasons I don't even understand myself.