Chapter 40: Wait 2 Years

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual contents*

                Alone in my bedroom with only the light of the stars and moon outside the window, I sat in bed knees up to my chest. After the Wang left, grandfather had come talk to me. He told me of the 2 years condition before marriage which scared and relieved me. It relieved me to know that we are not rushing into things, but at the same time, I felt scared that things will change in 2 years.

Before the month is over, we will be heading back to Fa Estate in Jing Province. Wang Feng responsibility is here in the capital. After this month, I probably won't see him for another 2 years. Between the Jing and Capital, it's almost 2 weeks of traveling. It won't be easy to see each other much less contact each other.

                But what terrifies me the most is the memory of Wang Feng and his wife in my previous life. I can't recall what she look like, but stories were told of how beautiful, talented, and skilled she was. Wang Feng was supposed to meet her in 2 years. And when he meets her, they say it was love at first sight. He married her soon afterward and never gave any other women a single glance.

Maybe it's for the best that we wait 2 years.

If he does meet her and falls in love, I won't blame him. I won't blame fate.

                Just when I was about to close the window and go to bed, a shadow appeared through the window. I was about to call out but a hand over my mouth stopped me. When I saw familiar dark eyes and soft smiling face, I calmed myself.

He moved the hand from my mouth and cupped the back of my head. Pulling me forward, he had me on his lap and immediately took my lips. This man seem to always takes my lips like it was his every right - but instead of being angry like I should of, I instinctively respond.

How is it that I couldn't break away from him? Was it because his lips were so soft? Or because his tongue so slick and wet? Or that he taste like honey?

                Our lips were moving softly as our tongue stroke each other first in my mouth before he take them in his. When he tilted his head to the other side, I tilted mine to match his passion. I didn't know how long I sat in his lap as we kissed, but when we finally slowly parted, I opened my eyes to see his smiling eyes.

"I should just kidnap you" He said softly, his arms holding me so close that I had to wrapped my arms around his muscular back or they'll be crushed between us. "Forcing me to wait, how ridiculous..."

                I smiled seeing how upset he was. In that moment, I wanted to have him for as long as I could before my times end. So I pressed my parted lips against his and instantly, his tongue slid inside. I drank everything he gave me. He suddenly pushed me down onto the bed, pressing his hard body against mine, his hands pulling at the slash around my waist. I pulled my lips away realizing we were going much too fast.

"No" I was surprised that with one single word, Wang Feng lifted off me.

                I quickly sat up and fix my robe. I was blushing hard while my heart was slamming against my chest.

"Lan, I apologize" He said, not looking at me as he had his fists on his lap.

He was clearly controlling himself.

"It_ It's all right... Wei Lan is at fault too"

                I had kissed him too much - too deeply. When he reached for my hand, I didn't resist him.

"Lan, I do not want to wait 2 years..."

                I knew he didn't.

"Wei Lan will wait for Wang Feng in 2 years."

"Lan" He finally turned to look at me, cupping my cheek with his big warm hand.

"Will Wang Feng wait for Wei Lan?" I asked softly. "Can Feng wait...?"

"You want me to wait..." Feng suddenly understood the meaning behind my words. "You also want to test if my feelings are true..."

                When he pulled away with cold eyes, I grabbed his arm. I knew if I let him go, that was it for us. He won't look back at me and will not care anymore. He was that type of man - straight and decisive.

"Let go" His voice was as cold as his eyes.

                When I didn't, he pulled away sharply. Because of my tight hold of him when he pulled, I dropped onto the floor with a loud bang. I covered my mouth, stopping myself from crying out the pain.

Suddenly, I was grabbed; lifted back onto the bed. Feng was frantically holding my head now has a large bump from the fall.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry" He apologized over and over as he rubbed tenderly on the bump.

                I buried my face into his chest and tried not to cry.

"Does it hurt? I will go get a doctor"

                I grabbed onto his robes, pushing my face against his chest. Seeing this, he sighed softly and simply holds onto me, rubbing at the bump to ease the pain.

"I_ I'm sorry. Wei Lan is sorry" I trembled. "Wang Feng... do you not want Wei Lan anymore?"

"Stupid girl" He held onto me tight. "Why could you not understand how much I want you?"

"B_ But grandfather has raised Wei Lan until now; please give Wei Lan 2 more years_"

"You're hiding behind your grandfather" He said angrily even though he continues to hold me tightly, lovingly. "Don't think to fool me Lan. Tell me the truth"

                How could I tell him the truth?

"Wei Lan doesn't know if this is love" I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

                Hearing this, he cupped my cheeks and lifted my face to look at me.

"Wang Feng, do you want Wei Lan? Or do you love Wei Lan?" I asked sadly. "To Wei Lan, want and love is different... Wang Feng, Wei Lan wants you, but I want to love you too"

                I felt more sadness in my heart because I knew that he wanted me - not love me.

"2 years is short... 2 years is long" I said softly. "Wang Feng does not have to wait... Wei Lan will wait..."

                With those words, Wang Feng again, held me tight to his heart.

"You foolish woman..." He said softly, his voice gentle and kind.

                That - I already knew.