Chapter 36: The Problem

When Wang Feng finally let me go, he had ordered one of his men to prepare a carriage. I didn't turned down his offer because I didn't want people to see how red my cheeks were or how my lips were red and swollen. I hid in the carriage while Feng chuckled softly. He was laughing at me knowing well I was embarrassed. My hands gripped nervously on my lap as I could hear Feng talking to my older cousin.

"Lan, I will see you soon"

                Then I heard horses' hooves storming away. After a moment, the carriage was lifted and I was carried away. I didn't know I was holding my breath until I let out a soft sigh.

"Mei-mei" Min was standing beside the carriage and said with amusement. "Why are you hiding in the carriage?"

"Min-ge, just you wait until I tell Uncle Zedong how well you took care of this mei-mei"

                Min laughed softly.

"It seems this Wang Feng is smitten with you mei-mei, am I wrong?"

                I didn't say anything.

"Min-ge" I spoke after a long moment. "Were you there in the forest that day...?"

"So Feng told you"

                Hearing this, I confirmed that they had indeed seen me that day.

"Why didn't you come out to see Wei Lan?"

"If it was only me, I would have... Mei-mei, I couldn't come out because there were several others"

"Others..."

"Yes, including me and Feng, there were 2 royal princes and 4 dozen imperial guards"

                I turned red and covered my face even though no one could see me.

"Mei-mei, you surprised us that day. It had been a foresight by one of the guards; they were supposed to ensure no one else was on the royal hunting grounds"

"So Wei Lan interrupted the hunt..." I figured that as much. "Did Wei Lan offend anyone?"

"No" Min chuckled. "Mei-mei only increase a long line of admirers"

"Min-ge" I pleaded him to stop with his teasing.

Hearing Min's soft laughter made me feel even more embarrassed.

"Feng can be a bit intense, but he is an honest man"

                I trust my cousin judgment.

"Feng is a good man"

The problem is, the good man does not belong to me.