Chapter 22: Weight of a Family Name

"To think someone dares mess with the Wang young miss"

His voice was deep, cold and hard. Even though he wasn't speaking to me, I shivered slightly. Zhou Guan eyes widened as he realized whom he had messed with. Wang - everyone knew that name. This was Wang Feng, one of the four imperial generals, the youngest general at 18 years old. In the past life, I never met this man although he was extremely famous. Everyone knew that Wang Feng was train by his great grandfather - Wang Bohai, a famous general who had helped establish the country and served the first emperor. After Wang Bohai passed, he left his general seal to the 6 years old great grandson Wang Feng instead of his son or grandson.

But no one questioned Wang Bohai decision. Wang Feng - after all - was a demon war lord. At 8, the young boy already mastered sword fighting and martial arts. By 13 he became a soldier and fought in wars by 15. At 16, he conquered the top 5 provinces, expanding our country closer to the Great Sea. Now at 18, there isn't anyone in the country - in any neighboring countries, that doesn't know the name Wang Feng.

There was nothing normal ever said about this man. The one thing that I can't helped but remember was his reputation with women. Despite the long line of women who desperately wanted his heart, this man had only taken one wife. In 2 years, he would meet one of the country most beautiful women and marries her. I remembered this well because I had wished the same for myself, but instead, I have given my heart to a man who took me as one of his concubines - one he never bother to touch.

"Feng-ge" The girl went to her brother and held his arm as her eyes flashed angrily at Zhou Guan. "He ripped off my veil and touched me"

                All the blood drained from Zhou Guan face.

"Hmph..." Feng cold eyes didn't leave Zhou Guan. "Break their right arm"

                My knees was shaking at the casualness of his tone giving the horrid command. Everyone who was watching, flinched as the guards easily grabbed the group of young men. Before they got to plead for their lives - before anyone get to react - the sound of bones cracking echoed through the silent street. I stepped back as my heart pound fearfully to the loud painful cries.

"I_ I'm Zh_ Zhou, you can't_" The pain was so overwhelming that Zhou Guan could barely speak before he passed out.

"Zhou?" Feng spoke as if the name meant nothing to him.

"He's Zhou Guan" The girl said softly to her brother. "From Qin Province"

"Throw them in jail" Feng ordered. "If the Zhou does not give a proper explanation as to why their son dared to mess with the Wang young lady, cut off their arms"

                The soldiers dragged the young men away. Just like that, the crowd quickly disperses as if they were afraid Feng's anger would transfer to them. It had been cruel and merciless but I couldn't even say a word. I didn't want to stick around either so I turned and head back to the lodging.

"Please wait" I stopped even though I wanted to run. "Thank you so much for helping Li Xia"

                I slowly turned to face the girl and saw her friendly smile. When she bowed her head to me, I returned one in kind. Looking up, my heart skipped as I saw Wang Feng eyes on me. Strangely, it wasn't cold or empty like it was just mere seconds ago - instead, it appeared soft. Looking at him, I noticed that his eyes were indeed beautiful with the blue sparkle.

What's wrong with me?

I had to look away before my head and heart burst from his gaze.

"Would you let me know your name so that I could properly thank you?"

                I hesitated. A family name carries a lot of weight. Zhou Guan was the prime example.

"Fa Wei Lan" I said softly. "Miss Li Xia does not need to thank Wei Lan. She did not help"

"No, you stood up for me"

                When she suddenly took hold of my hand, I almost jumped. I had to force myself to relax.

"I'm Wang Li Xia. This is my older brother, Wang Feng. Please, join my brother and me for lunch" She turned to point to the nearby restaurant. "Let me thank you properly or else Li Xia will feel guilty"

                I felt trapped by her words. She made it extremely difficult to say no. Can I even say no?

"Young miss"

                I never felt more relieved to see Li than I did now.

"Master Fa asked that you return. Young Master Min as arrived"

"Min-ge?" I smiled at the mention of Fa Min - my favorite cousin.

"Yes" Li smiled and bowed. "Young Master Min brought a gift for you"

"Min-ge did?" I laughed softly, curious as to what he brought me after nearly a year without seeing him.

"Fa Min?"

                When Li Xia spoke, I remembered that she was still holding onto my hand.

"I should have known you're Fa Min's mei-mei?" Li Xia smiled brightly.

"Yes... Miss Li Xia knows Min-ge?"

"I've seen Fa Min a few times, but it's my brother who is close to him"

                That surprised me. I lifted my head up to Wang Feng and realized that he hadn't stopped looking at me. In fact, I don't think he had stopped looking. I wondered if I looked weird. I was wearing my usual blue outfit and my hair tied up in a messy ponytail - Unlike many young miss of major families, like Wang Li Xia, who wore silk feminine clothing and hair down with pins and accessories. At that very moment, I wished I had dress a little more feminine.

"If Wei Lan doesn't mind, could Li Xia and Feng-ge visit the Fa Family?" Li Xia smiled. "Li Xia must properly give her thanks or her heart will not settle"

                I was again troubled by her words especially since there was nothing for her to be thankful about. I didn't do anything. In the end, it was her brother that saved her.

"Young miss..." Li had been so focus on finding me that he hadn't noticed the beautiful siblings beside me - one beautiful young woman in a pale yellow dress and one beautiful young man in pitch black robe.

"Let's go, please lead the way sir"

                Li was surprised by Wang Li Xia excitement but seeing my soft nod, he lead the way. I knew the girl and her brother would follow whether I agreed to it or not.

It's useless to argue.