Chapter 43: Luring Butterflies

Feng kept hold of my hand as we back to the banquet hall. Walking along side him, I noticed several young women looking at Feng with longing. When those longing looks turn to glares while looking at me, I felt unsettled.

"I was wondering whether you had kidnapped Wei Lan"

I bowed my head and make my apologies whenI saw grandfather, uncle and cousin seated with Elder Wang, her son and daughter-in-law, and the giggling Li Xia. Feng show no expression as he lead me to a seat next to him.

When the food came, Master Wang stood up and thanks everyone for coming before asking everyone to enjoy the light meal.

The words light meal was not what I had expected withthe large table filled with dishes. Each dish beautifully made. Never have I seen so much different type of food all at once.

"Wei Lan" Li Xia picked up a pretty moon cake and placed it on my plate. "Try the lotus moon cake"

Smiling, I picked it up and took a bite. It was sweet and soft as it melted into my mouth.

"Is it good?" Li Xia asked with bright eyes.

"Yes" I answered and took another bite.

"Li Xia, you're already showing off to Wei Lan" Elder Wang laughed softly. "Wei Lan, that moon cake is Li Xia specialty"

I was surprised and looked at the young girl beside me who suddenly blushed.

"Grandmother" Li Xia pouted.

I smiled and reached for another moon cake which made Li Xia happy. As I was enjoying the cake, Feng put several dumplings on my plate.

"Feng-ge" Li Xia made a face. "Those dumplings doesn't suit well with the moon cakes"

Li Xia reached over and took the plate with the soft white rice cakes.

"Wei Lan, you should have these white tea rice cakes instead"

At the same time, Feng put several small pork buns on my plate. Li Xia frowns and counters him with peach cake. The two siblings went back and forward until my plate became a hill.

"Mei-mei is so loved" Min teased me, obviously amused by the scene. "Meanwhile, Min-ge has no one to put food on his plate"

Hearing this, I stood up with my plate in hand. Once at was at his side, I put the hill of food down in front of him. Then I tilted my head playfully to one side of his shoulders to look at him with a big smile.

"Mei-mei hopes this makes Min-ge happy"

Seeing the plate, Min smiled wryly.

"Min-ge, you have to finish it or else it'll be rude to Elder Wang"

At this time, the elders all had their hand to their mouth, trying hard not to laugh.

"M_ mei-mei is too kind" Min sighed before he pitched my cheek.

"Fa Min" Feng's sharp cold voice startled us.

I stood up straight seeing Feng's cold eyes.

Why is he angry all of a sudden?

"Lan, come here"

When I was close to his side, he took my wrist and pulled me to him. Holding my wrist with one hand, he used his other hand to cup my cheek – the same cheek Min had playfully pinched. Feng's thumb rubbed at my cheek as he frown. I was confused - even more so when I could hear giggles and chuckles.