~9~

Anika was passing by, next to Pinky's room when she heard her.

"Now that I made Shivaay sign the divorce papers without his knowledge,nothing will stop me to throw the ladki out of my house.." Anika smirked as she now was ahead in Pinky's plan. She dialled Malika as she was in the garden far from people who could hear her conversation.

"I want you to do something for me please.." Anika said and her plan is 'muted'. She then went back to her room to see Shivaay getting ready for office.

"Can I ask you something?" He inquired.

"You did it already.." He chuckled softly as Anika's bold reply.

"Actually..I wanted to invite you tonight for a date..I really regret my behaviour Anika.. I really do.. And if you're still sure about the decision of divorcing me then I also agree with your decision but just.. can we not act like strangers?" Shivaay stuttered and Anika found him 'cute'.. but she pushed her own feelings aside.

"Well, I'm okay with that. I mean there is no problem in going on a date."She replied confidently. Shivaay smiled warmly at her.

"I will pick you up by 9.00 p.m then." He said and squeezed her hand before leaving.

"What's wrong with me? How can I fall this easily?" Anika stuttered as she wiped her tears. She called Karan, her guardian angel.

"Hey beautiful! How are you?" He asked as he picked up the phone.

"I'm good K. I mean I don't know what's wrong with me..Shivaay asked for a date and I accepted.. I mean.. I don't know I was supposed to be angry, right?" Anika trailed off and Karan hummed.

"Is my fiancé jealous?" Anika teased him unaware of the fact that Shivaay was listening.

"Anika stop calling me that! You know that we'll be friends forever and that's all.. my dear and sweet Anu." Karan blushed.

"Achcha baba!" Anika said and hung up.

"An..Anika..you're engaged?" Shivaay stuttered with tears in his eyes. Anika looked at him and his face broke her. He was completely shattered.

"Shivaay..it's not what you believe let me explain.." Anika tried but he raised his hand.

"No, you don't have to explain.. it's Karan right? I'm happy that you moved on.. I hope you'll be happy with Karan. He seems to be a nice man." He cried and left from there. Anika bumped her head with her fist.

"What will I do? I broke his heart.." She sobbed.