~25~

Shivaay was stroking her hair while crying silently as they were on their way to the hotel. As soon as he heard her, he wanted to be angry, to shout at her..but then he calmed down before waking her up, which was something unusual. He thought about Anika, Siddarth and his mother,and imagined, just imagined himself at Siddarth's place while Anika would be his Prinku. He imagined that if Prinku was in such situation, he would have killed her mother-in-law..he saw Anika sleeping like an angel in his arms and swore that he would never let the shadow of sadness swallow her, not even approach her.

Shivaay caressed her face and kissed her forehead.

"I'll forever protect you Anika.." He whispered.

"You two are lovely." The driver said.

"My name is Roshan Perera." He said and Shivaay felt like smiling so he did.

"I'm Shivaay Singh Oberoi."

"You love your wife a lot..Have you been travelling a lot?" Roshan asked.

"This our first trip together, and yes I do love her a lot. She's the first that I'd put before everyone, even my family."

"Oh, is that so? She's very lucky to have you sir and you too are very lucky to have her. I saw her look before she drifted to sleep, she looked at you with love as if she wanted to sleep with your image in her mind and I bet the first thing she'll look when she wakes up will be you only." Roshan said and that assured Shivaay that choosing his wife over his mother had been the best decision ever. In this story, his own mother was the devil and their relationship, her prey.

India, Mumbai.

"Bhaiya! Give it back to me!" Prinku shouted as she ran after Rudra to take her phone back.

"Never Prinku! Let's see what Ranveer sent you!" Rudra teased his little sister and ran away to avoid being caught by her. Pinky was passing by but while Rudra managed to avoid her, Prinku didn't and collided with her. Pinky smiled internally believing that she could use Prinku as a link to the rest of the family, as she was the weakest one.

"Beta? Are you okay?" Pinky asked.

"I'm sorry Mrs Oberoi, if I hurt you." Prinku answered harshly then continued to chase Rudra, while laughing like a little girl as if nothing happened.

Sri Lanka

"Shivaay!"Anika called as she stretched her body and opened her eyes, instantly searching her husband just like Roshan said. Shivaay looked at her and they smiled.

"You are so cute when you sleep!" Shivaay cooed as if he was fangirling.

"Oh bete ki! Shivaay what was this squeal? No one will say that it was THE Shivaay Singh Oberoi speaking just now! You just seem like a girl!" Anika said and he tickled her. Anika was laughing so hard that she was red like a tomato. The driver laughed to himself as he saw the couple. He parked the car near the entrance of the hotel and opened the door for them.

"I hope you had a great day at Sigiriya Mr and Mrs Oberoi." The driver said and Shivaay smiled at him.

"Yes,we did enjoy our day." Shivaay answered as he smiled at Anika and they left to their hotel room, where they showered together and had diner together, they fed each other and Shivaay was smiling as he saw his wife smiling.

"How come you're smiling this much? Smile Singh Oberoi?" She asked.

"It's because I'm happy to have you in my life Anika. And I hope that we'll forever remain together." He said as he made her sat in his lap and cupped her cheek. "I love you.." He simply said as he pecked her lips. Yeah, he could definitely not hold her responsible for his mother's deeds.. she was the one who told all these hurtful things about Anika without Anika forcing her.

"Shiv, what's wrong?" She asked, while playing with his shirt buttons. She saw him getting deep in thoughts with this wrinkle in his forehead which now looked like a scar.

"Shivaay kya hua?" Anika asked as she caressed his face.

"Tell, me what exactly did you do for my mother to pay? What did you do as a revenge?"