~38~

Anika opened her eyes and groaned as she felt her aching back. All her body was aching, she was feeling as if a car rolled on her. She looked at the white room and saw Karan and Siddarth sleeping on a couch while Shivaay was sleeping in a sitting position near her bed. She could see that he would get hurt by sleeping like this. She remembered what happened before her fall.. Pinky's insults, Shivaay's anger..and then..her fall.. how she slipped due to some liquid and fell down the stairs.. she directly thought about her baby and began caressing her abdomen in fear of knowing something terrible.. what if the baby didn't survive?

The sudden movement woke Shivaay up and he kissed her forehead.

"Thanks God you're finally awake.." Shivaay said and Anika closed her eyes,as tears made their way into her eyes.

"How is my baby Shivaay?" She asked. "Did the baby.." She couldn't even utter the word..

"Our baby is fine Anika.. don't worry. Pinky didn't manage to snatch our child away from us." Shivaay said and at first Anika didn't understand.

She slipped and Pinky was in the room, how come was Shivaay accusing her? Due to their talk, her brothers woke up and they walked to her.

"I'm glad that you're fine chutki...If this old woman had harmed you I would have killed her.." Siddarth said and again Anika wondered what were they talking about. Did Pinky do something to her after the fall?

"I'm lost guys..did Pinky do something?" Anika enquired.

"She was the one to push you Anika.. I saw her standing up the stairs after your fall." Shivaay said.

"Shivaay..but Pinky aunty didn't push me.." Anika trailed off.

"Don't try to protect her Anika." Siddarth said.

"Please,bhai my child's life was at stake. There was some liquid on the floor and I slipped. Pinky aunty didn't push me. And she couldn't even spill the liquid on the floor as she was far behind me." Anika said.

"That means that I accused her when she wasn't guilty.." Shivaay whispered but then he remembered his wife's words.

"How come there was liquid on the floor? I walked through the same way only few seconds before you and it was dry.." Shivaay said.

"That means that someone other than Pinky is plotting against you." Karan said.

"I will find this person and I will kill this person who's trying to harm my life." Shivaay promised as he kissed her palms.

"You can't PDA with my sister in front of us Shivaay. She's still my baby sister." Siddarth said just to make the atmosphere happier.

"Arrey bhai..he's my husband.. how do you think I came to be pregnant?"Anika asked doing the famous logic sign.

"Don't remind me of that if you want Shivaay to be able to father your other children.."Siddarth said laughing internally as he saw the pale face of his brother-in-law and the blushing face of his sister.

"Now that you're fully awake Miss Rana.." Karan began.

"Mrs Oberoi." Anika stopped him.

"Now that you're fully awake Mrs Oberoi, it's time for you to leave this hospital. Mom and dad want to announce to the world that they found one of their missing princesses. They've already started the searches for our little sister, thanks to the information you gave about the orphanage where you were." Karan said and asked a doctor to come and check on Anika to see if she was right and ready to be discharged which was the case.