~18~

Shivaay and Siddarth were now out of hospital, while Mallika was taking care of her husband, Anika too was taking care of hers but she was also coming from time to time to Rana mansion to pay a visit to Kaina and Siddarth. Between Pinky and her, a cold war was installed as soon as she stepped back into the mansion. But Anika tried to keep this away from Shivaay's ears, she knew that he was still weak from his heart attack so she wanted to keep him safe. Now, they were both in their room. Anika had arranged his room to keep his things close so that he didn't have to make a lot of efforts.

'I can't let this woman here.. First she's sleeping here and there with God knows who, then she's taking my son away from me!' Pinky thought as she saw Anika, seating on Shivaay's lap and feeding him while he was kissing her shoulders. She left from there as one of her plan was coming to life in her mind.

"Shivaay will surely throw her out if he comes to know that Anika's mum is a prostitute!" She planed to introduce Anika's fake mum and this, unaware of Anika's real identity.

"Bhaiya...I think we should teach a real lesson to this 'O my mata' woman!'" Karan said and Siddarth along with Mallika smirked.

"I got an idea to reduce her accusations to shame and to make her fall in front of Shivaay's eyes." Mallika said and they listened to her then nodded in approval.

Anika joined her brothers and bhabhi around a cup of coffee for the boys and a cup of chai latte for the girls. Anika almost spat her chai when she heard her dear brother Siddarth.

"I can't do that!" She answered straight away.

"Why not?" Mallika asked.

"Fighting back will bring pain to Shivaay. Pinky aunty is just jealous that Shivaay's attention is also dedicated to me, that's all!" Anika explained.

"Jealous my foot! This sick woman just can't support the fact that her son won't be wrapped around her finger any more!" Karan exclaimed.

"K, please, she's a nice person, stop criticizing her." Anika defended Pinky.

"Cutiepie, you're too good and precious for this world. Who can be considered as nice while tagging her bahu with the word slut'? Your perfect Pinky aunty is the one who spread the rumors of our supposed affair! I still find it disgusting how they can create lies without a verification! What would have happened if you weren't cutipie but some stranger?" Sid said and Anika broke down in tears as she heard how cruel her mother-in-law really was. Even though she saw her reality with the divorce thing, she never believed that Pinky would stoop so low.

All of sudden, Karan pulled her into a warm hug and caressed her back calmly. Mallika and Siddarth looked at him quizzically and he signed them outside where Pinky could be seen peaking inside the restaurant, taking pictures.

"Anika, for the sake of our plan, you have to be treated as a prostitute..."Sid trailed off while gulping hard. "We want to make Pinky die with shame. So sacrifices have to be made. I promise your relationship with Shivaay won't get affected." Siddarth whispered and they got up, he gave her 10 lakhs and Pinky gasped while Anika chuckled, she was ready to fight back now.

They left the restaurant and spoke loud enough for Pinky to hear.

"Thank you for everything you're doing for Karan and Siddarth." Mallika kissed Anika's cheek and winked at her. Then she left, smirking.

Later that night, the rumours were the same but this time, the media wondered if Anika would be thrown out of Oberoi mansion or if she was some sort of prostitute. Pinky was again making a scene but this time, Shivaay shut her up.

"Not a word more against MY WIFE! If I hear that you're criticizing Anika again, I'll forget that you're my mom! Anika fucking destroyed her reputation for me in the past! How can you believe those liars now? And this with Siddarth and Karan?!! Are you kidding me!? Disgusting!"Shivaay shouted.

"You're not my son.. You're not my Shivaay! You're only hers.." Pinky cried.

"I'm just fighting for the truth." Shivaay said and Anika smirked while looking at Pinky but this got unnoticed by no one but Pinky.

"Look at her Shivaay! She's making fun of me!" Pinky sobbed while Anika faked a cry and hugged Shivaay, her husband.

"I don't know what to do Shivaay, each time Pinky aunty criticizes me!The media misunderstood me with these pictures and I'm always seen as bad when I just want to live my life with you! I'm tired that people don't let me live my life and my love!"She cried uncontrollably.

'Two can play this game Pinky Shakti Singh Oberoi!' Anika thought while she was in Shivaay's arms. She found it bad to take advantage of Shivaay's care for her but everything was fair in love and war and she was in a war, a war for her love!