~12~

It was 4 a.m when the surgeon came out of the operation theatre for Siddarth.

"There is some complication." He said and Karan gripped his collar.

"Please save my brother!" Karan cried and Anika and Shivaay came and held him back.

"I'm sorry, Mr Rana we're doing our best but we need O- blood because he lost a lot of blood." The doctor said.

"I'm O-!" Anika said and walked with the doctor to donate blood closely followed by Shivaay and Karan.

"You have the chance to have her back Shivaay, you really do. I know that you hurt Anika but I also know that you're the only one who can heal her. To be honest with you, I support this wedding with Anika only for Kaina's happiness but she can walk out whenever she want, I won't stop her, I know she loves you a lot so you shall not abandon the battle to gain her love again."

"Thank you Karan. You're not a bad guy and you're really courageous.. Anika told me how you lost your wife Naina.. I'm really sorry for that."Shivaay said and they shook hands friendly.

Anika got a glimpse of their new friendship and was shocked that her soon-to-be ex-husband and soon-to-be husband were this friendly, and this was more shocking from Shivaay's side given the fact that she caught his glare towards Karan a few days back.

"Shivaay..Karan, I'm done.." Anika said and they walked back to the family. Anika was held by Karan as she was weak. Shivaay was now reassured about their bond and wasn't that much worried. He sat back silently with the family. Ketaki looked at his pain filled eyes each time he laid them on Anika and in her mind she decided to stop this stupid masquerade of AniRan's wedding. She found it good first but she realized that Anika and Shivaay were really in love, and even though Kaina found a mother in Anika, she still could have Anika as her mother even though Anika was with her true love, right?

Anika was hugging Mallika as she was crying her heart out.

"I now know what was lacking in our relationship.." She sobbed. "It was the fear to lose each other. It was the realisation that we weren't invincible, that it's easy to get separated from our loved ones.." Mallika cried and at the same time Anika remembered Shivaay's state.. she remembered how he looked like a dead man. At this instant her heart already shattered broke even more.. as she realized.. his pale face, his almost filled bottle of medicines, his words..'If you go then please kill me..'

"He's letting himself die because of me!" Anika whispered, now ignoring her friend who was waiting for her husband. She saw Shivaay standing away from the Ranas, caressing his heart and slightly hitting it as if saying it to continue to beat for a while only, to be strong enough to live a little more. She was going to him when Siddarth's doctor came.

"Thank you Miss Rana, your brother is now saved." He said and Anika looked at him shocked.

"But I'm not his sister, I'm only a friend."

"The DNA test shows otherwise, Mr. Rana is your brother." The doctor said and Anika looked at him emotionless.

Precap 

She wanted to dance all around but she composed herself. She finally got the explanation of her attraction towards Karan. It was brotherhood not love.. she smiled because she wasn't a betrayer. If she was able to forgive him, she wouldn't betray Shivaay nor Kaina.