|Crime of Passion|

Keith

After leaving here ten years I never returned back here. To be honest I made sure I never had a reason to even drive pass here. I was embarrassed that I couldn't solve the case or even bring in one suspect. These women families deserve justice and this time around I'm determine to give it to them.  One thing about today I can proudly say technology has improved in so many ways. We can finally run DNA samples that was found at the scene to help catch this sick bastard.

"Detective Powers are you aging backwards or something" my old captain asked.

"I don't know I'm just blessed to not look how I feel. I thought this catch was behind me but I got another shot to bring these families some justice and little peace of mind"

"Yeah you are right about that.  Keith you were one of my best detective I was sadden when you left us. Back then I didn't know how deep this case really meant to you. I just want to apologize for not noticing sooner"

"I appreciate that captain I really do but I'm ready to get started on the case again. Have you guys ran the hair samples against anyone in the system"

"We actually were waiting on you so lets get down to the lab. We have a new tech girl down there very easy on the eyes"

"I know that's a good change around here because all the ones around here was rough looking!" I said busting out laughing.

"Tell me about it son"
**

"So do you want the good or bad news first" Y/n said.

"Just spit it out already I don't have the patience for the cat and mouse game" I said rolling my eyes. These young people always want to play these little games.

"Captain you better get grandpa over there cause these hands don't discriminate. If you want to be rude have someone else run these test for you"Y/n barked out. Her eyes almost popped out her head let me keep my mouth closed.

"We found a match to killings ten years ago but the problem is she died three weeks ago. So I'm pretty sure she had a partner who is taking over for her.  I gather all the information on her in this folder you can look it over;  don't lose my notes either detective" Y/n said before looking through the microscope.

"She's a tough cookie,  I like it she has that fire I look for in a woman"

"Well good luck with that everyone tried but she's only focused on her work and she's gone. Y/N is very antisocial but very she's the best lab tech we had here.  She solved 92% of our cases for us".

"Beauty and brains" I said before looking over her notes. Captain just look at me and walked off. I know how to break down the most confident women so what makes her different. After this case get solved I have another one I'm going to start but this time finish without retiring.
**

The next an final part to this series should be up tonight or tomorrow...I'll make sure it's nice and long.. Well try to at least 😘😘💞💞