|That Boy|VI

Keith

Y/N and I been together for almost six months now. I can't believe that she finally got the nerve to even go out with me. I still remember when I first met her and she took off like Flo Jo out the park. I'm glad we finally getting to know each other better now. I think I'm ready to take this relationship to the next level. I know I'm ready but I want it to be perfect.

I was planning this big anniversary dinner at my house. I wanted her to meet my moms she is going to be the first girl I bring home. So I hope everything goes according and my two favorite ladies get along. I just hope Y/N isn't nervous around my mother. My mother can be very intimidating and we all know Y/N can be a little scary.

I told my mother to make her famous Lasagna and garlic cheese bread. Also to bake an Apple pie since it is her favorite. I haven't told Y/N about her meeting my mother. I wanted it to be a surprise but for some strange reason I need to tell her now. I think I should have told her before I made these plans with my mom already.

"Hey baby" she said as she kissed me on the cheek.

"Nothing much I need to talk to you about something important"

I watched her body tensed up as she focused her attention on me.

"So what you need to tell me"

"Well before I start no I didn't cheat on you so you can relax. I want you to meet someone important in my life"

"Like your brother or sister...I just hope you don't want me to meet your mother just yet"

I just sat there with the stuck on stupid face. I can't believe she doesn't want to meet my mother. I mean most girls would be excited their boyfriend want them to  meet their moms. I really don't know how to respond right now.

"Babe are you okay over there. You just spaced out and what now" she asked.

"Y/N I need to head out, I'll talk to you later on"

"I thought we were going to the movies."

"Raincheck" I said as I walked out her bedroom and out the house. I drove home in complete silence thinking what was was I thinking inviting her to meet my mother....

***

I'm confused why is Keith so upset with me. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what went wrong here. As I sat here thinking I realized he stormed out after I said I didn't want to meet his mom. Damnit I really messed up this time. I tried calling his cell but it went straight to voicemail. I don't blame him I'll be pissed off to if he didn't want to meet my parents. I must really be the most stupidest girl alive right now.

I want to apologized but at the same time I'm not ready to meet his family. I'm really enjoying the time me and Keith are spending together but I still have a weird feeling about us. I know I shouldn't dwell on the past but it keeps haunting me. I think I need some time to figure out how I can honestly be with someone. I don't want to string Keith along because he doesn't deserve it.

I can't talk to Keith about it since he's mad at me. Tiffany and Bri are preoccupied with their men. I'm really disappointed in myself for acting like this. I always run away instead of trying to work at something. Keith has been so understanding about everything and I think I need to cut the crap and get it together.

I put on my sneakers and grabbed my car keys. As I walked to my car I was thinking of all the places he could be at. Then it finally hit me he's probably at the football field. When he get too stressed out he always go there to clear his mind.

I pulled up to the park and seen Keith car there. I hopped out the car and jogged inside the park looking for him. When I finally found him he was on the bleachers talking with Tamika. My blood started to boil because I know this ratchet bitch is up to no good. Something told me to leave but I kept moving forward towards them. I stood in front of them and she quickly removed her hand off his thigh.

"So what's going on here"

"Oh nothing I seen Kei sitting here looking sad so I though I'll come over and cheer him up"

"Keith is his name so don't abbreviate it like you his friend or something. Why don't you go run along since his girlfriend is here now"

"Y/N I don't want any problems so I'll be on my way. KEI I mean KEITH give me a call if you need to talk" she said walking off down the track.

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No what are you doing here anyways"

"I came to apologized for earlier I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I guess I wasn't thinking when I said I didn't want to meet your mother. I'll be honored to meet her one day."

"Well that day isn't any time soon. I need some time to think about us right now. So I'll give you a call in a few days"

"Um you know what don't worry yourself about calling me. Just call Tamika im pretty sure she'll be thrilled to hear from you." I wanted to cry honestly but I'm not I kept my head high and walked out the park. I know I made him mad but for him to act like this is unacceptable....
***