17

"you and dave are becoming a little too close don't you think?", justin said as i walked towards his desk.

"we've always been close so i don't see what the problem is", i said shrugging my shoulders.

"as long as you know dating isn't allowed", he said.

"you don't always have to repeat that you know", i said getting slightly annoyed.

"i was just making sure to remind you"

"and i will make sure to always remember that"

"I'll make sure of that. if i find out otherwise myself or elsewhere, there will be consequences", he said tapping his pen.

"alright mr. bieber", i said pursing my lips.

it's just awkward when we face each other. you can just feel the tension between us a mile away. i kind of miss how things used to be.

he sighs, hands me some documents, and says, "may you please give back these documents to christian, he didn't do the calculations right and after that stop by brittany's desk and tell her to print these copies"

"sure thing", i said.

"thank you ms. hale", he said slightly smiling.

yup he's doing this on purpose. he can call brittany and christian by their first name, but not me? if i were to ask him why he'll probably say he thought i didn't know their last names when all of us employees know each other well.

i lightly chuckled.

"is something funny?", justin asked.

"yeah my bad i just found something really funny", i said.

"well i don't pay you to be playing around", he snapped.

"i know i'm sorry mr. bieber", i said kind of surprised by his sudden attitude.

"better be", he said under his breath.

it's like he's slowly turning back into the justin i met before. i don't want that, then again i do so i can hate him all over again.

Justin

it kills me how we can't play around with each other anymore. it kills me how we have small talks instead of friendly talks. it just kills me. when we gave each other a chance, there was never a dull moment. now every time we talk, i can just feel the tension. everything just feels dead and boring now.

i have to do something about this because i miss lucy as a friend.

my thoughts were ruined by a knock on the door and i know it's lucy coming back to tell me she's going to take her break.

"here's what you needed", she said as she handed me back the printed papers and documents, "i'm going to take my break"

"alright", i said signaling her to leave.

great another day eating all by myself bored.

i wish ariana could keep me company now that lucy doesn't want to.

speaking of ariana, i just realized how we never see each other besides the weekends. we only see each other for 1 hour 5 days a week and i miss her so much. this is why i didn't think doing this was a good idea.

we're both doing really good and that's what makes us more busy.

life sucks right now.

i sighed, picked up my briefcase then decided to take my break along with them.